Hi pulisa,

Talking things out with the doctor helped.

The lack of routine I have experienced lately really has not helped my mental health.

After the covid scare at work management has decided to split the place up into “bubbles” with minimal contact between the different bubbles. While this will keep work safer in terms of virus transmission it also unfortunately means less social interaction and more isolation. :-(

Everyone will just have to live with this situation until there are enough people vaccinated and then some normality can return.

Regarding medication she has switched me over to lexapro. I will start a new thread in the lexapro forum to track my progress.

I was on paroxetine for about 3 months. The first month was horrid. Eventually the insomnia side effect went away. Other side effects persisted. Headaches, teeth grinding, not feeling myself and lastly agitation which was the last straw.

It did help with anxiety and depression somewhat and might have done more if I was able to tolerate a higher dose but that was not to be.

I told her about the dizziness and difficulty peeing on 10mg of amitriptyline and she said that should occur when taking much higher doses so this reinforced her belief that I am a slow metabolizer of anti depressant medication.

I cannot thank everyone enough who contributed to this thread PDU, Catkins and yourself.

I will see you on the lexapro thread shortly.

Regards

John