Hi I’ve suffered from anxiety with panic attacks and depression for a few years now and have tried many many different medications.

The first one I tried was pristiq because it had worked for me about 10 years ago during a previous depressive/insomnia episode. I was on it for three years and came off it without any problems. This time around it just made me more anxious. ☹️

After this I tried lexapro, atypicals, anti psychotics, tricyclics, and even an MAOI which felt like I was on speed. 😬

Amitriptyline and lexapro were probably the best of a bad bunch.

Now Dr has started me on paroxetine 10mg daily. She thinks it’s the best fitting SSRI for my condition .

I started this dose 2 weeks ago and she wants me to go up to 20mg. Since starting paroxetine I found myself taking 2mg Valium daily! Not a lot but I don’t want to go down the benzo path.

The thing is I actually feel more anxious and depressed. I’ve only had one brief happy period since being on it. So I’m naturally fearful of increasing my dose.

I can’t see my psych as she is on holidays but have booked in to see my GP for advice.

Has anyone had luck on 10mg paroxetine? And did you feel worse before getting better?
I mean how long am I supposed wait? I know literature says 4-6 weeks but that seems like a really long time right now…

Thank you in advance people.

John.