Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worse before better on paroxetine?

Re: Worse before better on paroxetine?

Sorry to butt in but I just wanted to say that paroxetine has really helped me with my anxiety and PDU really helped with advice on my recent dose increase. I didn't find any benefits until 3+ weeks and it really helped using something to help with the anxiety for the first 4 weeks. The side effects do pass.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Sorry to butt in but I just wanted to say that paroxetine has really helped me with my anxiety and PDU really helped with advice on my recent dose increase. I didn't find any benefits until 3+ weeks and it really helped using something to help with the anxiety for the first 4 weeks. The side effects do pass.

Good luck.
    Thanks Catkins, I took my dose just before bed and seemed to have slept better. Still have slight headache and dizziness. Worst of all anxiety/depression still present so am still waiting for breakthrough.
    Wish me luck!

Ok so IÂ’m officially at the end of week 3!

Headaches/dizziness were still present last night although I must admit not as bad as one week ago.

Thought IÂ’d challenge myself this morning and drove to work and back. (I didnÂ’t actually work, I just did the drive for exposure therapy)
    Although the anxiety is still very present it went better than expected.
    The real test will be on Monday when I actually do a few hours work.

This medication journey really is a case of one week at a time. Results donÂ’t come easy but IÂ’m praying for better times ahead.

Looks like this thread is becoming my paroxetine diary.

A few days into week 4 at 10mg and still can’t see any benefits…

Worst of all still got side effects. Namely poor sleep and occasional nightmares. Also a bit of derealisation. Headaches seem to be subsiding. I’m taking Restavit to help with sleep.

Yesterday I felt very depressed.

Managed to get to work today and did half a day work but had to take 2mg Valium. Feel sleepy now but can’t really snooze which is very irritating.

Do I stick with this med or is it just not agreeing with me? Any advice would be appreciated.

PS I am taking medication at bed time but think I should change to taking it in the morning.

I take mine in the morning. I find it's better for me to take it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I take mine in the morning. I find it's better for me to take it then.
    Thanks Catkins!

Did you ever try taking it at a different time or did you always take it in the morning?

Quote Originally Posted by jonjon View Post
    A few days into week 4 at 10mg and still can’t see any benefits…

...Do I stick with this med or is it just not agreeing with me? Any advice would be appreciated.
    I wouldn't expect much at 4 weeks, plus you are probably on a sub therapeutic dose which won't consistently activate neurogenesis.

Thanks Catkins!

Did you ever try taking it at a different time or did you always take it in the morning?
    TBH I've only taken it at other times when I've forgotten to take it in the morning. I think I may have been told that it was better to take it in the morning - I'm a bit of a stickler for taking things when I'm told.

Also I went straight in on a 20mg dose (this was a long time ago). The first couple of weeks were tough, the first few days were horrendous. But it did get easier with time.

Thanks for the responses PDU and Catkins.

I have a tendency to expect fast results from medications and end up quitting them before they have a chance to work.

Also I am very sensitive to medications and do not understand how others can tolerate such high doses when I struggle on tiny amounts?

I am seeing my psych next Wednesday to discuss my progress. In the meantime I will stick to 10mg and pray the sleep issues resolve themselves…

Thank you again for your help

I have a tendency to expect fast results from medications and end up quitting them before they have a chance to work.
    There is nothing fast about ADs because of the indirect way they work. Biology works to its own rythm irrespective of our wishes.

Also I am very sensitive to medications and do not understand how others can tolerate such high doses when I struggle on tiny amounts?
    Have you considered that not all your symptoms are necessarily caused by the med, but may be at least partly psychological and could well be the major factor?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information