Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Periods Still Missing (PCOS and Stressed) Don't Know What To Do!

Periods Still Missing (PCOS and Stressed) Don't Know What To Do!

I've wrote about this before but it's starting to really stress me out lately. It's been 66 days since my last period, well show not a full period.

(From a previous post) - Well, I have PCOS firstly. I'm 33 and slightly overweight which isn't helping, also Hypothyroid (medicated though). I explained in a previous thread that back in October I stopped my Microlite birth control pills to see if my periods would return to normal by themselves and take some time off the BC as well. It was 4 months before they returned in February this year. I had about 4 days bleed before they gradually went again (a normal length), then they were gone on the 17th February.

Then I had a small, light show about 2 months ago, I think it was the 16/18th March. And nothing since then. Now, not going to lie, my life has been so stressful, I've had countless panic attacks in that time, felt awful mentally and physically. I've put on weight, and I feel stressed, agitated and a lot of other emotional stuff. I know all of this isn't helping but surely my periods should be returning sometime after stopping way back in October last year? I know I have PCOS but it's freaking me out my periods being missing for so long, or at least such long intervals.

I'm always worrying about infertility, endometrial cancer and other female cancers like that. I'm also not getting much sleep because of this too. The doctor I discuss all this with is away for a couple weeks, as I feel more comfortable talking to her about it, but this is all becoming a bit overwhelming and I don't know how to cope with the stress of missing periods, the possibility of infertility, cancers and no one to talk to about it.

Re: Periods Still Missing (PCOS and Stressed) Don't Know What To Do!

Hey there! I also have PCOS, and I lost my period (not due to birth control) for approximately 4 to 5 years. Yes years. I mean, it probably isn't the best thing ever (especially if you want to have kids), so I definitely would talk to your doctor about it.

@AbyssalStars yeah, my doctors away for 2 weeks, so I have to wait but it is worrying in terms of wanting kids anytime in the future, but I also worry about cancers because of the lack of periods, not saying I have any but I do get concerned. If I could just find time to relax and focus on myself might help. Hope you're doing well now, and thanks.

I wouldn't worry too much about cancer; I think it would be fairly unlikely. If they are worried about your lack of period as a potential cause of cancer later down the line, they'll probably put you on birth control or something to induce ovulation. Sorry, I know you just got off birth control, so that might not be what you want to hear.

I agree that it might help to find a way to relax. I like to walk my dogs or read a good book. Anything to take my mind off worries.

Have you thought about maybe seeing a therapist so that you have someone to talk to about your worries? (Sorry if that isn't feasible) It sounds like you are really struggling right now. I hope life improves for you.

@AbyssalStars Thank you, yeah I'm trying to talk to someone at the moment, it's just a waiting game right now. Not at all, down the line I may have to go back on it, perhaps try work on my lifestyle a lot more than I have, with more healthier food, proper exercise and try find time to relax, might help reduce the inflammation from the stress, or so I hear.
    Thank you again!

I had a very light brown discharge today, and a slightly watered brown/pink discharge and mild cramping, so not sure yet if my periods are coming or not, or struggling too. Will keep an eye on it to see for any changes.

And barely anything today, some very light, brown discharge spotting. I can feel mild cramps, but barely. This is very frustrating, and actually causes me to be stressed, rather than just having a normal period.

I don't know whether it could be considered a period, but I've still got brown show, more so after going the toilet, I get that brown that you usually get when your period is finishing, but I've had it since the 25th, so about 5 days, and I can feel mild cramping every so often too. No proper red period blood though. I feel so stressed, and I'm not sleeping much either, falling asleep around 4 or 5am.The humidity isn't helping though. I am just really anxious at the moment.

Mischa, I always think that you’re like a deer, you’re so gentle and kind but you startle if pushed a little. I wish for only good things for you I promise. But, you need to speak to your doctor about your anxiety. You have never mentioned (that I’ve seen anyway) about how your doctor deals with it. I don’t know if they just deal with you softly, but if they do then they are enabling your health anxiety. I remember once when you saw a doctor who was a lot more firm with you and you were very cross and upset about it.

But look. You have pcos and it causes very odd periods. You also have high anxiety which can also cause odd periods. You’ve been having odd periods for years, and I think that this has been looked into before maybe? What did your doctor do or say the last time?

If I was saying this about my periods - and I also have very odd ones - what would you say to me? You do give such good advice.

I hope this message doesn’t startle you. I really want you to get help with your anxious thoughts x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fear your doctor is just taking your money and enabling your HA? Has anyone in your practice actually tried to help you manage your anxiety? As Scass says, you do give really good advice to people and you are such a kind person. It's such a shame that you are still at the mercy of your HA x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information