Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Periods Still Missing (PCOS and Stressed) Don't Know What To Do!

Re: Periods Still Missing (PCOS and Stressed) Don't Know What To Do!

@Scass Hi Scass, sorry for late reply. All my doctor has done has signed me up with an online group at the moment called 'SilverCloud' here in Ireland. It's okay, but nothing yet on counselling/therapy yet, he says I wasn't put into the list by accident, so I have to continue to wait again. Unfortunately. I'll just have to work through this hard phase myself somehow, and find a way to improve my hormones. I've just been panicking because of my age and fertility.

It doesn't startle me, I'm listening, honestly, I just go quiet sometimes to try and process what people have said to me. I would probably go through a list with you about everything and find the most rational explanation, yet for myself I go the complete opposite way.

I do too Scass, thanks again though x

@pulisa Hi Pulisa, sorry for late reply. My doctor messed up putting me on the list to see a counsellor/therapist, after 2 years, so now I have to go back on the list and just wait. I'm using a programme he offered called 'Silver Cloud', it's new to me, but I'm working with it to see if it can improve me.

I know, I know how this stuff feels and don't like the thoughts of anyone going through it, but for myself, I've lived with it so long, I can't remember what it was like before it. I've also been so terribly unhappy for so long, that I can't remember when I was truly happy either. Kind of sad, and that's why I don't like to see people in that place like myself.

Thanks again Pulisa x

I have done silver cloud too. I hope you find some benefit from it. I think maybe they will assess your scores from it and see if they can offer you something else, but please feel free to self refer yourself - you don’t have to go through your GP. You probably won’t be able to do it until a few months have passed from doing silver cloud, but if you google free talking therapy in your area you will be able to self refer to your local mental health therapy group and bypass your GP. They will give you a telephone assessment and then decide what therapy might suit, then they’ll write to your GP to tell them. It’s all NHS funded, so no fees. I have just done it again myself so I know you can do it too.

I’m sorry you’re sad and unhappy. You really do deserve all the good things x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Scass Oh I didn't know that, I thought it had to go through my GP. I'll be sure to look into that. Thanks Scass, it's just a weird time I suppose, so I'm feeling more sad than usual, and things feeling out of place, but hopefully once things get back to some normality, it may ease a bit and get a routine back too. Thanks again, you're always very kind to me, so I hope you know I appreciate it x

I've still been getting some show, mainly brown or light pink, it was only yesterday I got some clotting and red, which then lightened and was completely gone, then today again I got some light pink and then brown again.

I spoke to my female doctor on Wednesday, and she has sent off for me to get a scan to check my lining, but could be waiting a few weeks, and I'm due my smear in October. Because I have PCOS and stopped the pill back in October, obviously a lot is messed up. I asked about cancers, because that is a big fear, and causes me huge anxiety, and she didn't seem worried about it, but to put my mind at ease she is doing a scan. Anyway, this heat is not helping, I don't feel bloated or having any cramps at all, just a bit of show.

Can't seem to move any weight as I'm constantly feeling a little peckish, but I'm not overeating either, just on a plateau really. A lots of worries obviously, with pcos, cancers, weight, fertility etc.

I got an appointment for my transabdominal and transvaginal scans for September. My doctor arranged it for me, she said to put my mind at ease but it also says may not be able to have it if have periods, and with my pcos all over the place I’m worried. I’ve had some sort of show now since the 25th June, even today I’ve had just brown. It comes and goes, for example; wake up and theirs nothing there, then by evening I’m getting brown show and then that night it can go light or pinkish, and the cycle goes on. I don’t know what to think, I’m frustrated and I feel scared too.

I've had regular, somewhat heavy bright red/to deep red bleeding for about a week now. Is that related to the brown andpink discharge for the last 3 weeks? It's exhausting. I'm so worn out with this.

Is this because I've had no period for a couple months, a super light show for two days and before that nothing for 4 months?

It was only last night while I was sleeping, my sanitary towel was kinda full, but the last week of bleeding hasn't been super heavy, just like a normal amount of bleeding, I'd say it wasn't light or very heavy but still changing my sanitary towel every 4-6 hours, so about 3 or so times a day at the moment.

I had an episode similar to this but it was way worse with heavier bleeding and clotting about 2 years ago, which is why I went on the pill. I just don't know what to do right now, I know I've only had one small show in the last 6 months, until all this but it's draining.

I'm trying to lose weight but I'm struggling because I'm so hungry too, so that's another struggle. I've no one to confide in with this, and I'm really stressed about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information