Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2nd AZ vaccine - not coping after having it

Re: 2nd AZ vaccine - not coping after having it

Yep - NoraB, BlueI and Pulisa.....entirely agree. Its called 'no more panic' because the aim to is stop people feeling so stressed and anxious, and give guidance towards potential solutions. (from a personal and non-professional level of course) I said it earlier in a more wordy way - sympathy and empathy can't make you feel better long-term.

I’m honestly appalled at the behaviour by some people here. There’s a difference between helping people confront their fears and belittling them. You say it’s tough love but that’s not how it comes across. It just comes across as dismissive and horrible. I feel stupid enough when I’m having trouble without someone reinforcing it.

You can’t help anyone if you scare them off. Maybe you’ve answered the same questions hundreds of times and you are fed up but maybe take a break rather than what’s happening right now.

Reply to me or not, I wont read it because I genuinely couldn’t cope with how I know some of you will reply to this.

Think about that, in three days you’ve made me afraid to post anything or read replies. Think about how many other people that might have happened to.

Maybe you should report my posts to admin, Green Tea? I deserve a ban if that is my punishment for being dismissive and horrible.

Green_tea, I am so grateful for your comment!! I have certainly thought about deleting the whole post and just never posting again. I get enough tough love from people around me who do not understand that I do not even speak about it anymore. Just put up a brave face, keep going, like nothing is going on and fight my demons in my head. If you have not experienced it, you will never be able to understand. But I thought I can speak here and get a friendly ear and just an outlet so that I stay on top of it. I just need to get through this very challenging time. I have done amazingly well for such a long time and through this incredibly tough year! Tough love does not work for everyone. Sometimes you just need to hear you are not the only one to remind yourself you can do it.

Well, the fact that you feel this way has certainly made me wary of posting genuine attempts at helping. I don't know what 'tone' you are reading these replies with, but certainly none of them intended to give anything other than some thoughts to try and make a difference to the 'terror' you said you were feeling, coming from a place of 'caring'. We are ALL having a challenging year and having tough times, none of knows the lives of each other, and I think that needs to be remembered - we are all on this forum for our own personal reasons. 'Tough love' was not what I read, what I read were genuine ideas to make an impact on your anxiety many of them from people who have been in the depths of despair with anxiety problems, but have found a way out of it. If you just wanted to hear you weren't the only one then that is evidenced throughout the forum on thread after thread about COVID. Your original post sounded very much like a list of people and things you'd tried and you were needing more input of a similar kind to make a difference to you, so I'm not surprised people tried to be more proactive with their approach. I wish you all the best, I'm sure you will be fine and have no issues with the vaccine, but I won't return to this thread again.
    Last edited by Carys; 24-06-21 at 20:46.

Mila, Green_Tea, I'm sorry if you've felt intimidated here. The advice you've been getting is from people who've mostly made it through their health anxiety and out the other side, though - doesn't that alone make it worth at least cursory consideration?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information