Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holiday plans

Holiday plans

I was due to go on holiday but covid cases in scotland have doubled in a week and also in a day so I have been more reluctant to take a long train journey or eat out should I delay my holiday the hotel let’s me change dates? I looked at the graphics and COVID is declining everywhere In the world like US and Switzerland but not UK so I want to be prudent and hope the situation improves by later in the year?

Re: Holiday plans

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I was due to go on holiday but covid cases in scotland have doubled in a week and also in a day so I have been more reluctant to take a long train journey or eat out should I delay my holiday the hotel let’s me change dates? I looked at the graphics and COVID is declining everywhere In the world like US and Switzerland but not UK so I want to be prudent and hope the situation improves by later in the year?
    I've given up on the thought of a holiday this year. It's too uncertain. If we get a few days somewhere in Blighty at some point, that'll have to do. We were booked to go to Scotland last year (booked before the pandemic) and were lucky enough to get our money back when the situation changed literally days before we were due to go. We might not be so lucky again..

What's a holiday?

Well our holiday from last year (Budapest) was moved to this year (now cancelled). So we're going to London for a couple of nights next month to see our son. I'm also really hoping we can have a few days away in September in this country.

I feel really lucky that we had a big holiday the November before the pandemic started in Sri Lanka. Also our son came with us, which was a real bonus. It was slightly difficult because my husband was on a very high dose of steroids at the time, but it was still good.

Maybe next year we'll get to Budapest.

Anywhere outside the UK is going to require a vaccine passport Phil, in the future. We are going away for a week this summer, but of course only UK and off the beaten track. However, we are all vaccinated now, so don't feel as nervous as we would have done. I tell you who I feel sorry for, all those people whose families are spread over the globe, who've not been able to see them for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Anywhere outside the UK is going to require a vaccine passport Phil, in the future. We are going away for a week this summer, but of course only UK and off the beaten track. However, we are all vaccinated now, so don't feel as nervous as we would have done. I tell you who I feel sorry for, all those people whose families are spread over the globe, who've not been able to see them for so long.
    A vaccine passport includes testing which is a pain I don’t want told I have COVID and cancel holiday not ideal? Sure chances may be low. Spain won’t require any sort of proof of vaccination or testing. Anyway my holiday was just to Aberdeen in scotland where I stay but it’s a 2 hour train ride that’s my worry and also I struggle to eat right now so have worries about eating out. And yes awful for families abroad me and my wife have not seen friends for 2 years now so I know that feeling.

Spain will require it soon as it's been the biggest voice in the EU for a Europe wide passport system. I would guess part of the deal will be they will need to regulate travellers coming in from outside the EU.

https://www.spainvisa.eu/spain-intro...n-certificate/

OK, so what is your concern about the 2 hours train ride ? (seeing as you definitely won't be going abroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    OK, so what is your concern about the 2 hours train ride ? (seeing as you definitely won't be going abroad)
    Well I took a train which was 30 mins to the city and also went to England when cases were lower. I read scotland fans got COVID on a bus they say it can transit on longer journeys but when cases are higher I worry but not so much when cases lower.

Will it be worth the anxiety of a 2 hour train trip unvaccinated and maskless just to say you've been on holiday? You said you were also having problems eating in general so eating out would be particularly stressful?

Would you consider travelling first class by train if you are worried about too many people around you?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information