Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holiday plans

Re: Holiday plans

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Will it be worth the anxiety of a 2 hour train trip unvaccinated and maskless just to say you've been on holiday? You said you were also having problems eating in general so eating out would be particularly stressful?

Would you consider travelling first class by train if you are worried about too many people around you?
    First class is a good suggestion for future yep luckily it’s LNER so seats would be allocated and social distancing at the moment so it’s safe in that respect where as Scotrail people sit anywhere often it has been quite busy lately.

I do need a break from work I had a few holidays at home and been very bored and felt anxious as my mind wasn’t busy.

What's a holiday?
    It's where you blow your savings on a week (or two) somewhere in Blighty or abroad, P.

You have several arguments, some of them with yourself.

You get the shits or in my case - constipation - because my colon will only perform to water that comes from my postcode.

The weather is usually shite (UK) despite having been glorious the weeks preceding your holiday...

Ants.
    Hearing 'can I have?' about a trillion times throughout the holiday and fighting the urge to stove someone's head in with the spiky end of a parasol...

Having to spend £20 on cleaning products to clean up other half's stomach contents (15 pints of beer and half a blackcurrant pie) all over the cream carpet of the rented holiday cottage..

Have I covered it?

That sounds like a typical Aussie holiday,Nora
    Hope you are well X.

because my colon will only perform to water that comes from my postcode.
    Whats this about, because I have the same - never understood it ?!

NoraB, I think you might have missed off visiting tedious ruins and assorted stone circles, which in your normal life would bore you rigid but suddenly become fascinating - that might be some sort of amnesia based on an air difference ?

I will add to Nora's holiday to do list from personal experience....

The compulsory worship at the altar of the grabber machine in the penny arcades (if they still exist?) I'm talking 20 + years ago when we had our last family "holiday" at Westward Ho!, North Devon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    That sounds like a typical Aussie holiday,Nora
    Hope you are well X.
    Plodding on L

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Whats this about, because I have the same - never understood it ?!
    Always been a thing with me - with the exception of a holiday in Magaluf when the world fell through my bum!

NoraB, I think you might have missed off visiting tedious ruins and assorted stone circles, which in your normal life would bore you rigid but suddenly become fascinating - that might be some sort of amnesia based on an air difference ?
    I love a good ruin me! Probably because I feel like one myself. Bits missing. Windy.

The compulsory worship at the altar of the grabber machine in the penny arcades (if they still exist?) I'm talking 20 + years ago when we had our last family "holiday" at Westward Ho!, North Devon.
    My husband loves the arcades. It's my idea of hell due to the sensory aspect - loud bangs, the smell of anticipatory sweat, and having to manoeuvre one's way over a sticky Axminster carpet (last cleaned in the 70s) but it's worth it to see his face light up when he's wandering around with a cup full of 2 pence pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    My husband loves the arcades. It's my idea of hell due to the sensory aspect - loud bangs, the smell of anticipatory sweat, and having to manoeuvre one's way over a sticky Axminster carpet (last cleaned in the 70s) but it's worth it to see his face light up when he's wandering around with a cup full of 2 pence pieces.
    My step brother-in-law is a US citizen who's had a few secondments to the UK. Whenever he and my step-sister have a UK seaside holiday he can be found for half a day at the front of the 2p machine, he absolutely loves it for some bizarre reason lol

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    My step brother-in-law is a US citizen who's had a few secondments to the UK. Whenever he and my step-sister have a UK seaside holiday he can be found for half a day at the front of the 2p machine, he absolutely loves it for some bizarre reason lol
    Whereas those grabber machines are awful..

The rage when the claw grabs onto a decent prize, gets a few inches up, then drops the buggering thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information