Thread: Post-shower heart rate

Post-shower heart rate

Hi there,
    I’m just curious as to whether anybody else gets a fast heart rate whilst they are in the shower and immediately afterwards?
    I am very overweight so my body struggles anyway but I’ve noticed this for quite a long time now - Feel absolutely fine with a normal heart rate (normal for me is 70s/80s bpm) before my showers, but then after my shower it can go a lot higher than this temporarily. I understand that it can be related to blood pressure / water temperature…but I do try and keep my showers luke warm only, especially this time of year.
    Anyone else??

Re: Post-shower heart rate

I get it too. I usually have a HR of about 75-85 but during and after the shower it can be up to 120, sometimes 130. I think it can be combination of lots of different factors. For me, its the heat of the water combined with being overtired, or having eaten recently. I used to get it really badly when I had extra weight on. My theory is that you're actually getting quite the workout in the shower because you're standing, twisting, bending and scrubbing. If you're overweight, that's quite a lot of motion. Even washing your hair can raise your heart rate because your hearts pumping blood into your arms as you scrub. Combined with your muscles relaxing while you're in a warm shower, there's probably some kind of blood pressure process going on too.

Yes, I've had this happen to me a few times and on a couple of occasions so bad that I became a bit scared every time I was going into the shower, it hasn't happened for a while now. As you mention I try to keep my water luke warm and take it easy

Could also be related to the temperature of the shower. After a hot bath or a hot shower my heart rate is always elevated.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi there

Anything you do will elevate your heart rate, but showering yes is a very good workout.

I wonder why we notice doing certain things but not others. I always notice food takes my heart rate up and it doesn't take much!

For sure happens to me. I think it’s absolutely normal!

Thread Information