Thread: ALS anxiety!!

Exclamation ALS anxiety!!

20 year old male with no family history of ALS

ok so for a few days my left arm has felt slightly heavy my thumb on my left hand feels SEVERELY restricted whenever i try to rotate it i have dysphagia when it comes to swallowing solid food and my left ankle hurts when i walk or point it upwards! i'm scared that i have ALS... I hope this doesn't come off as disrespectful...
    Last edited by Celestia Ludenberg; 27-06-21 at 01:30. Reason: added age and sex

Re: ALS anxiety!!

Have you had this fear before? Worth reading the stickies on the subject. Particularly the one about ALS and why you don’t have it!

Re: ALS anxiety!!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia Ludenberg View Post
    20 year old male with no family history of ALS

ok so for a few days my left arm has felt slightly heavy my thumb on my left hand feels SEVERELY restricted whenever i try to rotate it i have dysphagia when it comes to swallowing solid food and my left ankle hurts when i walk or point it upwards! i'm scared that i have ALS... I hope this doesn't come off as disrespectful...
    You were on the ALS forum and the stickie here is from that page. As they told you, best to see a doctor if you're that concerned but nothing you posted points toward ALS. Please stay off that forum as going there is disrespectful to the members suffering from that disease.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information