Thread: Bright Red Spotting After Bowel Movement

Period a week after my last period ended

I'm in such a bad way right now, this past month has been extremely stressful due to home life frustration over the pandemic and I can't have any peace. Family members try to pick fights with me and I just end up in tears because I want to be left alone in peace.

A little background:
    I'm 38 years old this year and previously had endometriosis with a large 7cm endo (chocolate) cyst on my right ovary and a smaller 2cm endo (chocolate) cyst on my left ovary that was taken out in March 2017 as well as cleaning my uterus from endo.

Everything has been fine since with the occasional old brown blood spotting for a few days during mid-cycle and right before my period every now and then not every month.

This past period, I just finished on the 19th along with my usual the day after spotting on the 20th, but then I had clear watery discharge and breast tenderness for two days right after. I thought that's strange as I usually have it mid-cycle when I ovulate. The next day on the 23rd, after the clear watery discharge, I saw a bit of very light pink spotting when I wiped. Then the next day nothing, but a day later on the 25th, I had again very light pink spotting when I wiped. But then on the 26th, it was light red spotting after I wiped and I felt a pinching feeling in my left ovary. Today, on the 27th I freaked out as I just had bright red blood (definitely from my feminine opening) during a few wipes after a bowel movement then back to light red slight mucus after I went for a wee. I still have the pinching slight pain feeling on my left ovary.

I'm really scared from the bright red blood after my bowel movement, that's never happened before. Only old brown blood after a bowel movement on occasion during mid-cycle ovulation or right before getting my period. I still have breast tenderness.

Has anyone had anything similar? I haven't had a Pap smear since March 2017 as it was delayed because of the pandemic. I'm going to call my gyno tomorrow for a check up and Pap smear. I also gained some weight since December from comfort eating.
    Last edited by Lily83; 03-07-21 at 14:54.

Re: Bright Red Spotting After Bowel Movement

Update: I just felt something come out and went to the loo. A blood clot around 2cm just came out of me. It looks like I got my period again (a week after finishing my period) and the pinching suddenly disappeared but replaced with very mild cramping! What is this????
    Last edited by Lily83; 27-06-21 at 16:16.

Re: Unusual Spotting. Please help!

I’m not sure really but it could be another cyst or maybe fibroids?
    Try not to panic, I know it’s hard, but make a plan to get in touch with your doctor and take it from there. I spotted every day for about 30 days when I had a cyst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Unusual Spotting. Please help!

It looks like a light period not spotting anymore.

It lasted 4 days. Exactly the same as having my monthly period. So I basically had a period a week after my last period. Has anyone had this happen before?

Update: ultrasound showed a 5cm simple cyst on my left ovary. The doctor has requested I come back 3 days after finishing my next period to see if it reduces in size. I thought I had a cyst as I feel a slight tug on my left ovary location near my hipbone.

In the meantime, I will drink apple cyber vinegar health drinks, take magnesium supplements every evening and apply a hot water bottle in the area everyday. Hopefully this will help reduce it so that it will go away on its own naturally.

I need to lose my lockdown weight through a healthier diet, regular exercise and learn to relax.

I think I developed this cyst from sudden weight gain since a few months ago.

You don't usually develop cysts from sudden weight gain. I've never had that happen. It's usually stress that seems to being them in for me.

Thread Information