Thread: breast lump, moveable

breast lump, moveable

Hello -

I've recently been going down a severe HA spiral. It all started with having 2 miscarriages in a row and since then I've been consistently worrying that something is wrong with me and that's why this keeps happening (I have 2 healthy children). So in the last couple of months I've diagnosed myself with a myriad of diseases but here's my latest one. I am 33 years old, I've had this visible, moveable lump in my left breast for at least 3 years (can't remember prior to that) that has never bothered me, it's stayed the same size and I've always been too scared to ask my OB about it. A little less than a week ago I started obsessively poking and prodding at it convincing myself that it's cancer. It got super tender and irritated and now there's redness around the lump that isn't going away and I've completely freaked myself out that it's tender and red because it's malignant. I'm not sure if this is in my head but now it feels bigger than I remember (approx. 1.5 inches, but never measured before). Also worth mentioning, when I bend over it feels like it flattens out a little bit (does that make sense??). It feels more oval shape than circular.

I just need a little peace of mind, I've worked myself up so much and it's literally all I can think about. I had my HA under control for YEARS and now it feels like it's back with a vengeance. Thanks all!

Re: breast lump, moveable

Quote Originally Posted by auraord View Post
    Hello -

I am 33 years old, I've had this visible, moveable lump in my left breast for at least 3 years (can't remember prior to that) that has never bothered me, it's stayed the same size and I've always been too scared to ask my OB about it. A little less than a week ago I started obsessively poking and prodding at it convincing myself that it's cancer. It got super tender and irritated and now there's redness around the lump that isn't going away and I've completely freaked myself out that it's tender and red because it's malignant. I'm not sure if this is in my head but now it feels bigger than I remember (approx. 1.5 inches, but never measured before). Also worth mentioning, when I bend over it feels like it flattens out a little bit (does that make sense??). It feels more oval shape than circular.

I just need a little peace of mind, I've worked myself up so much and it's literally all I can think about. I had my HA under control for YEARS and now it feels like it's back with a vengeance. Thanks all!
    Sorry to hear about your miscarriages. I had one myself. Two in a row can't have been easy for you to cope with..

Re lump - we're not doctors. If you'd have seen somebody about the lump three years ago - you wouldn't be in the state you're in now. This is the problem with avoidance..

Bodies are naturally lumpy and bumpy and poking will only ever aggravate them. Breast lumps are incredibly common and rarely cancer and the fact that it's not changed at all in three years, I'd say is good sign But you do need to see a doctor - if only to put your mind at rest.

I know lots of women who've had breast lumps but not one was cancer. My niece has literally just had a breast lump looked at and it's nothing to worry about.

I would always get lumps checked out because I think it's common sense..

Be brave. Make the phone call. Be proactive with your physical and mental health.

Re: breast lump, moveable

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information