Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible cirrhosis

Re: Possible cirrhosis

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Judgment

So I just got back from the dr. He ordered the liver ultrasound to check for cirrhosis. He also ordered bloodwork. Am I being overly sensitive? He ordered like a full panel of everything including hiv and hepatitis. I’m happily married and never had crazy sexual adventures so I’m worried he’s judging me based on the fact I was honest about how much I drank. I drank way too much wine for the past few years and was worried about cirrhosis. He did an ultrasound 3 years ago because my liver came back high (again my wine) and after giving it up the numbers went back to normal and ultrasound was normal. He said cut back a bit but more jokingly. I reached out when my hands turned red and he seemed much more assuring on the phone than he did in person. Like he mentioned the purple broken veins caused by cirrhosis and then didn’t ask to see the ones I gave on my breasts. He knows my husbands family and now I have this fear he thinks I’m some train wreck drunk that is living a dangerous life which other than way too much wine while cleaning up or cooking (which I 100 percent gave up no problem 7 weeks ago) the most dangerous thing about my lifestyle is my love of internet shopping. I mean I feel like had he been less thorough I wouldn’t have been happy but this all seemed a little judgmental.

Re: Judgment

Hmmm. tbh it sounds like you are judging yourself here.

If I presented with a swollen wrist after falling off a highwire, would the GP be judging me for being stupid to go up there if he sent me for an x-ray, or just checking if it was broken?

By your own account you have plenty of risk factors for anything he might be checking for (which is entirely your choice, not a matter for anyone to judge) and it's possible you are projecting your own thoughts onto the doctor.

You sound as if you have a bit of an addictive type of personality - "Way too much wine" and "love of internet shopping" which I suspect means you end up ordering loads! So I wonder what's going on that you are needing to not think about? Did you notice you said, "MY wine," not THE wine, or just wine? Is it the only time you get for you?

If I were you I'd swallow my pride and ask if there's anyone you could see for a bit of counselling. You've made some good lifestyle changes and a bit of support with it would be really helpful right now.

It is crazy that you said the my wine thing. I said repeatedly it was the only time I had for myself. I didn’t mean online shopping in an addictive way just going for the expensive shoes instead of the regularly priced ones sometimes. I think I am judging myself a lot. I feel like I drank a lot since my clear cat scan two years ago and my clear ultrasound 3 years ago. Like I wasted that clean bill of health and now I will have to leave my kids without a mom because of my drinking. Red palms, purple popped blood vessels and itching back could be showing me that I have late stage cirrhosis and soon they won’t have a mom.

I have all those skin symptoms and more and do not have cirrhosis. Don’t jump to conclusions (((hugs)))

Thank you so much. I’ve been such a mess. I know tomorrow when I get the ultrasound I’m
    Going to be staring at the screen imagining I know what I’m looking at crying. Last time I could have sworn I saw a tumor. It was an ovary.

Aw bless you. Does sound like it would be good to get some support with the drinking if you feel ready to tackle it. Hugs. xxx

Got a diagnosis

So I had an ultrasound and was diagnosed with fatty liver disease. I’ve read that ultrasounds miss cirrhosis very frequently so I don’t feel relieved at all. I didn’t get the blood work back yet and the doctor didn’t give me much guidance as far as what to do now. I think it was from drinking which I have given up but I was just told to see a gastro doctor. Not even a liver doctor. Now I’m losing it with anxiety that my cirrhosis was missed

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Possible cirrhosis

Quote Originally Posted by Smafraid View Post
    So I had an ultrasound and was diagnosed with fatty liver disease. I’ve read that ultrasounds miss cirrhosis very frequently so I don’t feel relieved at all. I didn’t get the blood work back yet and the doctor didn’t give me much guidance as far as what to do now. I think it was from drinking which I have given up but I was just told to see a gastro doctor. Not even a liver doctor. Now I’m losing it with anxiety that my cirrhosis was missed
    Fatty liver is extremely common and it can be reversed by not drinking, eating a healthy diet and exercising. I reversed my fatty liver in less then 30 days.

I’m sorry that you don’t believe the results. Maybe nothing will convince you that you don’t have cirrhosis in that case.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information