Thread: Brain sensation followed by facial numbness

Brain sensation followed by facial numbness

Hiya.

So for the past few months, I've been having weird symptoms (amongst a bunch of others). Basically, I get a sensation in my head which feels very strange, and is followed by a slight but not complete numbness in the left side of my face.

It's only happened a few times over the past few months, but when it happens, the numbness tends to last for about a week or two. On top of that, I do get a similar slight numbness or tingling in parts of my limbs, for example my left forearm. It might be affecting my eyesight too, but I'm not sure if I'm just imagining that.

I should say that, I have been to my GP about this, and I've had an MRI which came back pretty much clear. So I'm really not sure what's going on.

Is it possible that it's anxiety? Because I don't think I was anxious as the times of these incidents.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Re: Brain sensation followed by facial numbness

Sounds a bit like some kind of neuralgia or a trapped nerve. The scalp is covered in nerves, and neck issues, posture, stress and tension can mess with those nerves. It could be having a knock on effect and causing some tingling and numb feelings in your face.

I have the same thing. I have it all down my whole left side. Comes and goes too! Sometimes my whole arm and leg feels weaker on the left side and it's such a scary feeling. I had a clean MRI and neurological workup. They said I might be having some kind of silent migraine.

I'd say anxiety could cause a sensation like that yeah. Mine is certainly worse when I'm stressed or tense.

Thanks, WorryRaptor

You can’t really have any sort of brain sensation as there are no nociceptors located in brain tissue itself. The brain and spinal chord are the central nervous system. The nerves that go through the whole body make up the peripheral nervous system.

I second everything WorryRaptor has said above 😉

Thread Information