Thread: Trying to just accept these PVC's

Trying to just accept these PVC's

Okay got the ekg, monitor, and echo. Diagnosed with PVC's that are benign as all other tests are normal. What a relief! But it has not helped them calm down or go away. Eating healthy helps some but they still happen, exercise is good for the mind but does not seem to reduce them, and some days are worse than others for sure. So now what? Time to get over them! But what does this mean for everyone? I enjoy occasional cocktails and stopping all together did nothing to reduce these. So can I have some? I enjoy a good comfort meal but that makes them worse. Is it okay to have one? They are happening this week I got some other stressful news this week so stress induced BUT food brings them out. I get mine in blocks like for an hour give or take at a time where I get them in between normal beats. Sometimes I feel like its a muscle twitch and sometimes its obvious. The last test is for sleep apnea as they think I have this so maybe that will help these? Either way I am running out of natural ways to reduce these. I watched a video from Sanjay Gupta who stated why they happen 1- fear/adrenaline 2- inflammation 3- electrolytes. His one video talked about how beta blockers can be taken for a short period of time to reboot the system of these issues. I may start. Has anyone had luck with them? And for anyone who truly lives with these do you allow yourself alcohol or comfort meals in moderation? Did you really get to a point that even on bad days you just dont care that they are happening?

Re: Trying to just accept these PVC's

Quote Originally Posted by serena7272 View Post
    ...Diagnosed with PVC's that are benign as all other tests are normal. What a relief!... And for anyone who truly lives with these do you allow yourself alcohol or comfort meals in moderation? Did you really get to a point that even on bad days you just dont care that they are happening?
    An unequivocal YES! to those questions.

Yes from me too. They are just a nuisance but nothing more. Try not to give them significance now that you've been given the all clear otherwise with your heart.

Yesssss, you have to learn to ignore them.

Hi Serena.

How are you doing now?

I can relate. I’ve had ectopics for twenty years. I’m in my 40s now. They are back with a vengeance this week - often every other beat. A few months ago they were really bad and I had a CardioStat monitor fitted via Dr Gupta, and it picked them all up. Verdict: all good. After my results they went away.

But they are now keeping me awake at night, which had never been an issue before. I know it is all related to stress and if I focus on them they are worse. A definite mind connection. How about you?

Typing this up and they have gone - I’ve taken my mind off them, ironically. Doing stuff that needs me to focus on other things helps but of course I can’t do that when Im trying to go to sleep.

J

Hi there- For the past week I was pretty good with just a few a day. Today I ate more carbs and sugar and they came back shortly after. Mine seem to be severely irritated by digestions of carbs and/or sugary foods. Otherwise I have had some days that stress more so anger can set them off. When they dont happen I feel so great and emotionally happy and on the bad news they really do drag me down. I have had the tests but on the bad days I just sink in that feeling that something was missed and they are going to hurt me. So you met with Dr Gupta? I have seen a ton of his videos. I sometimes think to schedule a call just to have a doctor who knows so much tell me something useful. My halter showed under 2% of PVCs in 24 hours this was worn luckily on a very bad day of mine. So I am hoping this is the max amount. My echo was done a few weeks later also normal. This was all done in the early spring of this year.

That’s great news. Glad you’re okay. I thought mine were related to eating etc. but I don’t think they are. I think they are completely and exclusively in mind related. I was bloated and having loads. After my monitor results came back, they stopped. I was still eating the same stuff. I didn’t meet Dr Gupta - all via phone.

What did Dr Gupta tell you about yours? And how many did your monitor pick up?

Ectopics were 5% of all beats. I would have guess 25%! Haha. I'm having them right now. I was told it's all okay. I feel fine - just trying to ignore them, which I can't really, but I don't let them worry me. Once I would have gone straight to A&E.

Thread Information