Thread: Scared of MS Results

Scared of MS Results

I had an MRI yesterday because I told my GP about pulsatile tinnitus in one ear only. I've had two CT scans, one with contrast, but they sent me for an MRI anyway to check it out. I am so worried about the results. I have Idiopathic Intercranial Hypertension, which can cause tinnitus, so I don't know why they didn't accept this as the cause. I'm scared they will see lesions on my brain and diagnose me with MS, or that they will find a tumour. I'm worried that they suspect I have something else wrong with me and that's why they sent me for the MRI to start with, they're just not telling me. I was booked in for it so fast which I also find unusual.
    Also, the nurses doing the MRI were much nicer to me to start with, and at the end seemed a lot less nice - I'm worried they saw something on my scan and we're thinking "poor her".
    I have no idea when I will find out my results or what will happen next.

Re: Scared of MS Results

Oh bless you, what a worry. I'm sure they would have got nicer, not nastier... Please keep us posted. When do you expect results?

Re: Scared of MS Results

Just coming back to update this in case anyone reads it in the future. My MRI turned out fine, and showed nothing they didn't expect to see. Only things to do with my IIH which I already knew I had, no secret brain tumour or MS.

Thread Information