Page 75 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    No I am a liberal person who believes in freedom of choice. I understand and respect people have anxiety about covid but surely we should include everybody here many people on the forum and chat fear mandates or perhaps worry about the social distancing rules ect. I think we should listen to all sides of the coin here rather than ignore worldwide news
    I’ve asked this before, but what exactly do you want anyone here to do about it? You have been advised repeatedly, since before any vaccine was ever approved actually, that refusal to be vaccinated may result in your life being affected in ways you do not like. There is literally only one solution to that, but you refuse it. So where do we go from here, Phil?

I don’t care how many times you say it, nobody is ever going to strap you to a chair and vaccinate you. That’s hysterical drivel, and I think you know it. Yes, you may have travel restrictions placed on you, maybe fines, maybe refused entry to certain venues, but if, a big giant IF, these things come to pass, that will be a direct result of a conscious decision that YOU made.

We can all piss and moan and whine and complain, the fact of the matter is that this pandemic is a threat to our way of living. When threats like that exist, extreme measures are sometimes needed to nullify it. Some will work, some won’t. Some will be stupid, some will be inconvenient and unfair. That’s just the way it is, and honestly, I think it’s time for you to put on your big boy pants and deal with it like an adult rather than a serial complainer.

People are dying out there, Phil. People are being left severely incapacitated, people are having their lives ruined. Forgive us all if we really don’t give a flying fu*k about your potential inability to see a gig or fly to bloody France. For the love of God, accept responsibility for your own choices.

My apologies for the confusion I never meant the entire war I meant the medical side of things. Apologies if I caused any offence. And I am happy for others to have the jab but I believe it should be your choice to walk up to a clinic and make that choice in your own time that’s all I think everybody should have that basic right.
    You have that right. You’ve made your choice. Deal with the consequences.

I am not comparing it to that I am talking about how they forced medical procedures and had health papers
    You're still wrong to compare it to that.

I know a few German residents Phil - they're quite happy with their '3G' passes and their FFP2 masks on transport and in shops. They're also very sympathetic to those who are exempt because they'll have medical proof of their exemption, not a lanyard they bought off Amazon. The BVG in Berlin is now introducing fines of 2500 Euro if you can't prove your 3G status.

Crybabies like you who want "freedom of choice" would be given very short shrift indeed.

Courtesy of ColdWarSteve on Twitter:

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    You're still wrong to compare it to that.

I know a few German residents Phil - they're quite happy with their '3G' passes and their FFP2 masks on transport and in shops. They're also very sympathetic to those who are exempt because they'll have medical proof of their exemption, not a lanyard they bought off Amazon. The BVG in Berlin is now introducing fines of 2500 Euro if you can't prove your 3G status.

Crybabies like you who want "freedom of choice" would be given very short shrift indeed.

Courtesy of ColdWarSteve on Twitter:

I have also heard they are happy to show these passes in Germany. It’s certainly not freedom but if prior want to go along with it I would be wasting energy to care what others do. And Thanks Gary for the rational response perhaps fines is worst I would have to pay then. I think one day we will by out of these restrictions but after two years I think like most of us it gets very tiring

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I’ve asked this before, but what exactly do you want anyone here to do about it? You have been advised repeatedly, since before any vaccine was ever approved actually, that refusal to be vaccinated may result in your life being affected in ways you do not like. There is literally only one solution to that, but you refuse it. So where do we go from here, Phil?
    I think the answer has been clear for a long time: he wants everybody else to do the heavy lifting so he doesn't have to do a goddam thing. The ultimate selfishness.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I think the answer has been clear for a long time: he wants everybody else to do the heavy lifting so he doesn't have to do a goddam thing. The ultimate selfishness.
    It’s upto everybody else what they do to be honest. I don’t say to anybody don’t have a vaccine don’t mask up I just get on with my daily life.

It’s upto everybody else what they do to be honest. I don’t say to anybody don’t have a vaccine don’t mask up I just get on with my daily life.
    But you don't: you come on here and bitch about how unfair life is and how you can't go to concerts/football/clubs/France, whatever. You seem to be of a mindset that cannot accept that actions have consequences in the midst of a global pandemic that doesn't give a toss about whether or not your freedoms are impinged.

As long as you're happy that your choice will probably involve only travelling within the UK?

The restrictions for the non vaccinated will last long after the pandemic has subsided. Your quotes from Austria, Germany & Greece prove this. If they are concerned about unvaccinated people now, they sure as hell are not going to allow another spike after covid has calmed down. I would expect it will be many years before defences against covid come down. Quarantine and negative tests will be ditched in favour of a blanket ban on unvaccinated. The US is already considering this option.

You also seem to forget that most western nations already carry ID cards, most of the EU has done for decades. Most Brits forget that in quite a few of these countries, tourists as expected to carry their passport when out and about and the police have a right to demand identification. Showing your papers as you call it, is nothing unusual for a lot of western countries.

I agree that what BI said upthread that trying to shoehorn the war era into all of this and trying to make direct comparisons with certain practices during that period IS obscene. Just like calling certain persons whom we don't agree with 'Nazis', or certain practices they don't agree with 'fascism', both of which are lazy labels from many who don't even know what real Nazism/fascism actually is, which also amounts to unjust hyperbole IMO.

What's happening right now is nothing like the 1930s-40s era, but of course certain individuals will always revel in self-fulfilling prophecies and conspiracy theories!

An excellent opinion piece from Marina Hyde in The Guardian:

As for mentioning the war, forgive me. Around 70,000 Britons died in second world war bombing raids, most of them in the blitz, while 145,000 have thus far perished from Covid. Yet somehow there does seem to be a large intersection between the Venn diagram sets “People who bang on endlessly about WW2” and “People who cannot cope with having to take a relatively minor public health measure for the greater good”.

Of course, in London, both positions have links with the tube. In December 1940, you’d have been snatching a couple of hours’ troubled sleep on the underground platform while Hitler blew up your house. In December 2021, you’d be on your way to Oxford Street on the Central line to sample the pre-Christmas enticements of JD Sports. Yet still, somehow, managing to see a few minutes of mask-wearing in a non-ventilated space as an outrageous imposition on your personage, with which you – a stone-cold hero – simply shouldn’t be involved.

Full article at https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ar-public-good

Page 75 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread Information