Page 44 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

Good mate of mine has just flown out to Ibiza, he's 47.... I think he's trying to relive his youth!

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    Good mate of mine has just flown out to Ibiza, he's 47.... I think he's trying to relive his youth!
    Ibiza was my first ever holiday abroad (via aeroplane) in May 1997. The place we stayed was Santa Eulalia, so far removed from all things rave culture, which has never been my cup of tea, even back in its heyday.

Obviously Ibiza isn't on the red list right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Ibiza was my first ever holiday abroad (via aeroplane) in May 1997. The place we stayed was Santa Eulalia, so far removed from all things rave culture, which has never been my cup of tea, even back in its heyday.

Obviously Ibiza isn't on the red list right now.
    I've been at least 3 times, it's all a bit vague obviously, I must have done enough drugs to stock a chemist, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    I've been at least 3 times, it's all a bit vague obviously, I must have done enough drugs to stock a chemist, good times.
    1997 was a great year for me in general, of which I don't think we'll ever see another year like again.

Since about 2000 onwards society has seemingly become increasingly dumbstruck with excessive fear and paranoia. Not just in this country but pretty much the world over, with one big hyped-up problem after another!

I personally believe the media have had a lot to answer for over these past 21 years in particular, they have become far more extreme with their sensationalism.

In fact, the news is no longer the news as we used to know it anymore, it's now drama and infotainment, even the BBC to a certain extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Since about 2000 onwards society has seemingly become increasingly dumbstruck with excessive fear and paranoia.
    Interesting that it coincides with the internet and the creation of social media.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Good job the internet and social media hadn't been invented in 1914 then..Or 1939.

For the first time time since .... I don't know when I went to the local swimming pool today. Numbers were limited and you booked a time slot, I actually felt pretty safe and I may well go again.

Unfortunately I found out that yoga and all the walking I do has missed using a few essential muscles. My inner thighs are in agony as the only stroke I do is breast stroke. I may be be walking like John Wayne in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Good job the internet and social media hadn't been invented in 1914 then..Or 1939.
    Don't mention the war (lol)!!

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    For the first time time since .... I don't know when I went to the local swimming pool today. Numbers were limited and you booked a time slot, I actually felt pretty safe and I may well go again.

Unfortunately I found out that yoga and all the walking I do has missed using a few essential muscles. My inner thighs are in agony as the only stroke I do is breast stroke. I may be be walking like John Wayne in the morning.
    Nice that you managed to pluck up the courage to go swimming once again Catkins. I bet you feel stacks better after a good soak.

As much as chlorine reeks to high heaven, at least it's a well-tried and tested antibacterial agent used in pools since time immemorial, so you should be well protected from catching Covid from the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Interesting that it coincides with the internet and the creation of social media.

FMP
    Internet was taking off here in the UK in the early 90s, USENET and bulletin boards were around before even then.

Page 44 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread Information