Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

19th July Reopening

Hello

Not posted on here for a while - I needed a break from all things covid for a bit! Hope everyone is doing well and keeping safe.

I was just wondering if anyone else was as worried about 19th July as I am?

I've just been reading and it looks like most restrictions are being lifted even mandatory mask wearing.

I'm definitely not ready to go back to life as it was before (whatever the hell that looked like!) and it really worries me with how much the new variant breaks through vaccines. The thought of going into the office with a load of unvaccinated people is enough to make me want to become a complete hermit (only half joking I think lol)

Definitely feel like I've taken a few steps back recently in terms of fear of this virus - but not sure if I'm being overly cautious - be interested to know what other people are feeling at the moment?

Re: 19th July Reopening

Quote Originally Posted by Squishchips View Post
    Hello

Not posted on here for a while - I needed a break from all things covid for a bit! Hope everyone is doing well and keeping safe.

I was just wondering if anyone else was as worried about 19th July as I am?

I've just been reading and it looks like most restrictions are being lifted even mandatory mask wearing.

I'm definitely not ready to go back to life as it was before (whatever the hell that looked like!) and it really worries me with how much the new variant breaks through vaccines. The thought of going into the office with a load of unvaccinated people is enough to make me want to become a complete hermit (only half joking I think lol)

Definitely feel like I've taken a few steps back recently in terms of fear of this virus - but not sure if I'm being overly cautious - be interested to know what other people are feeling at the moment?
    I really don't know what to make of the final easements currently proposed for 19th July, though there must be some scientific explanation for it to be (provisionally) given the go-ahead.

Surely Whitty, Vallance, Ferguson, Harries, et el, would have been sticking their heels in by now if the situation was currently in serious doubt.

But I haven't heard or read anything from any reputable news outlets about the jabs being full-on ineffective against the Delta variant, in fact so far it's the opposite that's been (mostly) reported.

Hello Squishchips and good to hear from you!

I think there will be a promise of foreign travel if fully vaccinated as a pay off for keeping social distancing and face masks for the foreseeable.

I'm sure Boris wants a legit fancy holiday!

I think it will be hard for a lot of us to just overnight go back to life pre-Covid. I'll be keeping my mask on in shops and social distancing as long as the case numbers are really high which they are at the moment even with vaccines. I don't think that this would be OTT because I can't afford to get ill through carelessness.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'll be keeping my mask on in shops and social distancing as long as the case numbers are really high which they are at the moment even with vaccines. I don't think that this would be OTT because I can't afford to get ill through carelessness.
    Same here. I don't have sickness protection insurance so ill = no money.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Hello Squishchips and good to hear from you!

I think there will be a promise of foreign travel if fully vaccinated as a pay off for keeping social distancing and face masks for the foreseeable.

I'm sure Boris wants a legit fancy holiday!

I think it will be hard for a lot of us to just overnight go back to life pre-Covid. I'll be keeping my mask on in shops and social distancing as long as the case numbers are really high which they are at the moment even with vaccines. I don't think that this would be OTT because I can't afford to get ill through carelessness.
    I shall also continue to mask up whilst in shops, travelling on public transport, etc, beyond 19th July until further notice but will probably bite the bullet and ditch mask wearing at my day centre, where I feel safest in the knowledge that virtually everyone there (staff and clients) have been double jabbed, plus everything is still scrupulously managed within the place in terms of general hygiene and cleanliness, plus not forgetting weekly testing for Covid, which may still remain beyond 19th July.

They are already in the process of gradually phasing out the group bubbles (authorised by Staffs CC) that they have operated with since the place reopened last July following the first national lockdown.

Here in the States, there's been no official 'reopening' of things. Most businesses have posted on their doors that not wearing a mask is fine as long as you've been vaxxed. There are some businesses (like Walmart) that the wife and I will still wear masks but there are several we feel comfortable not wearing them. It will take time. We've all dealt with this in our own way and will continue to do so.

We're coming to the tail end of this and while there will still be situations that arise, we've gotten to a point of being able to turn the page. It still comes down to common sense. Get vaxxed, social distance and wear a mask when applicable for you.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I suppose if we didn’t have the delta variant that we’d be doing that too FMP. It seems so strange that we are in our 3rd wave and with high infection rates but life is about to open up. It’s been constant up and downs for 18 months and I personally find it a bit tricky at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all very unsettling isn't it, Scass? Probably the understatement of the year!!

I think the delta variant is the spanner in the works here as you say. We can't turn the page in the UK yet realistically although many people reached the end of the chapter a while back hence our 3rd wave.

I think if we were where we were at case rate wise last July, we'd be pretty much over the pandemic. But as cases are still rising thanks to Delta, it just doesn't seem to make sense to lift all restrictions. I do see that looking at the case numbers is important, but if they don't want to undermine everything we sacrificed with lockdowns last year, they need to explain things a bit better. I feel a hesitancy in them saying 'case rates are going up but it's fine because x,y,z' incase people get complacent and don't get jabbed. (I'm having my own issues with that if anyone has read my thread but that's a different story!) Maybe in a couple of weeks time they'll tell us why opening up is ok despite rising numbers.
    In Wales we're being a bit more hesitant despite hospital admissions largely staying the same, and no deaths for a couple of weeks now. About 75% of cases are in under 25's though and seem to be worse in areas that haven't been hit hard before so don't have a lot of natural immunity around.
    Speaking of natural immunity there seems to be a lot of hesitancy around telling us how well that fares. I know the European immunity certificate counts a previous infection or a vaccination as immunity, but there's no mention of that here, only vaccines. I suppose if they said that though everyone who 'thought' they'd had it wouldn't go for a jab either. Any research I find seems to be 'if you've had it before it's rare to catch it again but it can happen', which is pretty much the same as being vaccinated?
    Anyway, I'm rambling now 🤣

Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information