Page 73 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    And the 2nd dose expires in 3 months so boosters every 3 months
    Not your problem.

You just have to worry about each person you meet or serve in the shop, if they are carrying, and if it will put you in hospital. How will you feel when a fellow anti-vaxxer who refuses to wear a mask is breathing all over you in your shop?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    IHonestly, if getting an appointment for one jab every few months is such a big headache imagine how you will feel when life catches up with you and you have health conditions, or semi dependents. Or maybe you will just mature from the responsibilities of life? We can't stay 18 forever...
    Nail on the head Terry!

Compared to say, being called up to fight in the seemingly relentless wars in the Middle East, it's not only by far the lesser evil, it's basically nothing for most people!

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    Not your problem.

You just have to worry about each person you meet or serve in the shop, if they are carrying, and if it will put you in hospital. How will you feel when a fellow anti-vaxxer who refuses to wear a mask is breathing all over you in your shop?
    Thing is, as far as I can tell Phil is not that old and not suffering from any physical infirmity so he'd probably come away unscathed if he caught it - so why the fear?

Because probably isn't the same as absolute certainty - healthy young people can and have die from Covid, especially if they're unvaxxed.

Greek officials have announced plans to make Covid-19 vaccinations mandatory for anyone aged 60 and over. Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis told a cabinet meeting that the new rule will come into effect from 16 January next year. He added that authorities will impose a €100 fine on people who fail to comply with the order.” source bbc news.

We knew these mandates would spread and I said how long before they strap you to a chair and jab you? Some call me bonkers a few weeks back but if I come back here in a few weeks a month the situation is fluid and changing rapidly.

I guess the complicated thing is how they force people to take upto 4 jabs by the New Year? That would be alot of mandates say they force people off to a 1st jab how do they do the same for upto 4?

I assume people here seen the fences up in streets in Switzerland and the high fences in supermarkets in Germany separating the vaxed and unvaccinated? They also came on trains checking papers. Videos widely available ask if you want to see but has a taste of World War 2 about it doesn’t it?

I am happy for people to take the vaccine as they do with flu. But I believe in freedom of choice and I don’t think what governments are doing is right with mandates

TBH, I personally thing bringing back masks in shops, public transport, etc in England was already long overdue, and needed to be done anyway, regardless of Omicron and whatever risks it might, or might not pose.

Of course there are the typical 'all-or-nothing' thinkers who are asking 'why in shops and on public transport but not at the pictures, pubs, clubs, etc?'.

Thing is, the pictures, pubs, clubs, etc are optional places where pretty much everyone has a choice of whether or not to visit, so in practice they're perfectly entitled to stay away from them if they feel vulnerable and seriously fear catching Covid from such environments, unlike (essential) shops, where almost everyone has very little choice but to visit to purchase daily essentials like food, etc, plus many also don't have much choice but to rely on public transport to get from A to B, especially if they're non-drivers (like myself).

Of course masks are generally useless anyway in pubs and restaurants where the primary reason for people being in them is obviously to eat and drink, which would be totally impossible wearing a mask.

Plus of course those who still wish to visit those places do so at their own personal risk anyway, as there are still also plenty of other non-Covid-related hazards to possibly contend with as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Because probably isn't the same as absolute certainty - healthy young people can and have die from Covid, especially if they're unvaxxed.
    They can die from the jab too. I believe heart issues in young men is widely available in news. Our Oxford jab was stopped for clotting issues so no under 40 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    TBH, I personally thing bringing back masks in shops, public transport, etc in England was already long overdue, and needed to be done anyway, regardless of Omicron and whatever risks it might, or might not pose.

Of course there are the typical 'all-or-nothing' thinkers who are asking 'why in shops and on public transport but not at the pictures, pubs, clubs, etc?'.

Thing is, the pictures, pubs, clubs, etc are optional places where pretty much everyone has a choice of whether or not to visit, so in practice they're perfectly entitled to stay away from them if they feel vulnerable and seriously fear catching Covid from such environments, unlike (essential) shops, where almost everyone has very little choice but to visit to purchase daily essentials like food, etc, plus many also don't have much choice but to rely on public transport to get from A to B, especially if they're non-drivers (like myself).

Of course masks are generally useless anyway in pubs and restaurants where the primary reason for people being in them is obviously to eat and drink, which would be totally impossible wearing a mask.

Plus of course those who still wish to visit those places do so at their own personal risk anyway, as there are still also plenty of other non-Covid-related hazards to possibly contend with as well.
    Do you not think natural immunity will end the pandemic? They say this new strain is less severe and more mild which may mean we end the pandemic quicker. They say viruses become more transmissible but less severe in time.

Page 73 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread Information