Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 467

Thread: 19th July Reopening

  1. #441
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    2,176

    Re: 19th July Reopening

    Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    For the first time time since .... I don't know when I went to the local swimming pool today. Numbers were limited and you booked a time slot, I actually felt pretty safe and I may well go again.

    Unfortunately I found out that yoga and all the walking I do has missed using a few essential muscles. My inner thighs are in agony as the only stroke I do is breast stroke. I may be be walking like John Wayne in the morning.
    Good on you Catkins. Swimming is excellent exercise as it is zero impact. Unless you drown of course which can have a huge impact. I do a HIIT routine on YouTube plus walking our black lab.
    __________________
    'It was a wedding ring, destined to be found in a cheap hotel, lost in a kitchen sink, or thrown in a wishing well' - Marillion, Clutching at Straws, 1987

  2. #442
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13,884

    Re: 19th July Reopening

    Blimey, Fishman...are you a YouTube icon? How many followers do you have? Could you rival Joe Wicks..MBE?

  3. #443
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    2,176

    Re: 19th July Reopening

    Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Blimey, Fishman...are you a YouTube icon? How many followers do you have? Could you rival Joe Wicks..MBE?
    Very sharp Pulisa!! I wouldn't dare appear on YouTube
    __________________
    'It was a wedding ring, destined to be found in a cheap hotel, lost in a kitchen sink, or thrown in a wishing well' - Marillion, Clutching at Straws, 1987

  4. #444
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13,884

    Re: 19th July Reopening

    You'd be a HIIT as Black Lab Man..

  5. #445
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3,463

    Re: 19th July Reopening

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Internet was taking off here in the UK in the early 90s, USENET and bulletin boards were around before even then.
    Although the very first-ever known website was reportedly uploaded onto the WWW in late 1990, the now-ubiquitous 'www' prefix was never a common sight and between around late 1994 and early 1998 only appeared very sporadically on adverts, etc, after then it was more or less the norm.

    Fax numbers, whilst ubiquitous back then, are now becoming much rarer, just like telex numbers rapidly vanished during the latter half of the 80s due to their being displaced by faxes (from about 1984 onwards) and eventually, emails.

  6. #446
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    4,880

    Re: 19th July Reopening

    I have been feeling a bit yucky and anxious past few days. I believe it’s all this state control getting to me I was at bowling and there was a security man demanding my log in details to check in (they don’t have that in England now) and all these rules and state control really getting me down. In the past it never felt like government intruded in my life but since covid it’s never ending we still have masks in Scotland but in England they are optional too. Too much you can’t do this and do that or take a test ect I feel a bit burned out after all this anybody else feel this way?

  7. #447
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,121

    Re: 19th July Reopening

    Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I have been feeling a bit yucky and anxious past few days. I believe it’s all this state control getting to me I was at bowling and there was a security man demanding my log in details to check in (they don’t have that in England now) and all these rules and state control really getting me down. In the past it never felt like government intruded in my life but since covid it’s never ending we still have masks in Scotland but in England they are optional too. Too much you can’t do this and do that or take a test ect I feel a bit burned out after all this anybody else feel this way?
    Itís really not a big deal. Scan a QR code on your phone on the way in, takes about 5 seconds. Giving details to places is normal, isnít it? Booked a table at a restaurant? Youíve got to give your name and booking information. Same with bowling, surely youíve always had to give names etc?

    The only places thatíll require a test just now is care homes and medical practices. Assuming youíre not spending a lot of time in either, I donít think youíve got much to worry about. Granted, these vaccine passports that are in the pipeline are going to cause some issues, but Iím not getting into that merry go round of a discussion with you again.

    Life is a bit more inconvenient these days. Tens of thousands of people have had to lose a lot more than that, though.

  8. #448
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    4,880

    Re: 19th July Reopening

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Itís really not a big deal. Scan a QR code on your phone on the way in, takes about 5 seconds. Giving details to places is normal, isnít it? Booked a table at a restaurant? Youíve got to give your name and booking information. Same with bowling, surely youíve always had to give names etc?

    The only places thatíll require a test just now is care homes and medical practices. Assuming youíre not spending a lot of time in either, I donít think youíve got much to worry about. Granted, these vaccine passports that are in the pipeline are going to cause some issues, but Iím not getting into that merry go round of a discussion with you again.

    Life is a bit more inconvenient these days. Tens of thousands of people have had to lose a lot more than that, though.
    I think itís just affected my mental health I feel like curling up into a ball and never getting out of bed right now. Sure I battled through it but I am tired of this as I can see no end to these rules in Scotland itís worse as Sturgeon has tougher rules. Some places are friendly about check in but some are quite pushy. You canít even take a test for football in Scotland unlike Wales so even though I rarely go to football itís like being young again and being told you are naughty and canít go outside. Some pubs also affected. If I could see an end to all this it would help I mean next spring surely better?

  9. #449
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,121

    Re: 19th July Reopening

    Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I think itís just affected my mental health I feel like curling up into a ball and never getting out of bed right now. Sure I battled through it but I am tired of this as I can see no end to these rules in Scotland itís worse as Sturgeon has tougher rules. Some places are friendly about check in but some are quite pushy. You canít even take a test for football in Scotland unlike Wales so even though I rarely go to football itís like being young again and being told you are naughty and canít go outside. Some pubs also affected. If I could see an end to all this it would help I mean next spring surely better?
    You battled through it? When? As far as I can see, no matter what happens in this pandemic itís been a source of woe for you. Restrictions are almost completely non-existent, whatís left of them are nothing more than minor inconveniences.

    Nobody can tell you when this will be over, not even the worlds best scientists. Perhaps you should try and speak to a doctor about how youíre feeling just now, but if Iím being brutally honest I think youíre making a bit of a mountain out of a mole hill. Yes, itís a pain, Iíd much rather not be having to be dealing with any of this, but weíre in the best position we have been since the beginning of this pandemic. It might be worth trying to accept that the world is a bit out of sync just now and get on with it. Sorry, but I honestly donít know what else to say to you.

  10. #450
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    268

    Re: 19th July Reopening

    The way I look at it now is that any restrictions are much better than having another lockdown - while this situation isn't ideal, it is what it is. The government is not trying to control us, they're trying to ensure they can alert us if we have been exposed to covid so we don't put anyone else at risk. For instance, I'd rather know if I'd been exposed because I see my very at risk gran quite a lot! Doing a weekly LFT doesn't take more than 15 minutes and isn't really a hindrance on anything, at least in my opinion? Sometimes things do come up in life and we just have to work around them. Look at how far we've come - I for one am so much happier now i can see my mum without worrying (now we've both been vaxxed). If you think its really affecting your mental health, then do see a doctor. But this is going to be life for a while so we've got to find ways to adapt.

Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Happy 19th Birthday unicorndusy! (6th of July)
    By administrator in forum Birthday Wishes / Celebrations / Other Announcements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-19, 08:40
  2. Quiz night 19th July 2014
    By venusbluejeans in forum Contacting NMP with comments, questions & concerns, How To's and Technical help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-07-14, 22:16
  3. Quiz night 19th July 2014
    By venusbluejeans in forum Welcome and No More Panic Announcements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-07-14, 14:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •