Page 12 of 103 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

Your husband is vulnerable and you have suffered bereavement due to Covid, Squishchips. I don't think you've been hitting the panic button at all. I'm in favour of mask continuation whilst we are dealing with a third wave whether we have an effective vaccine programme or not.

My hairdressers are keeping things as they are now post July19th. I suppose small shops can do as they please.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    We have at least 10,000 deaths per year from flu, and we accept that, there has to be a level of deaths we must accept from covid now as it's clear it's not going away.

Flu or pneumonia?

We have at least 10,000 deaths per year from flu, and we accept that, there has to be a level of deaths we must accept from covid now as it's clear it's not going away.
    And the govt did warn us the other day that there's a chance that daily cases could reach between 50k and 100k over the coming weeks, despite the easements of restrictions currently proposed for 19th July provisionally getting the go-ahead.

ATM vaccination rates appear to be plateauing at fairly low levels, so unless some of those who are currently hesitant in getting jabbed have fully legit reasons for not doing so, I have very little sympathy for them right now, especially if their not getting jabbed is simply out of rebellion or can't be bothered-ness!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Your husband is vulnerable and you have suffered bereavement due to Covid, Squishchips. I don't think you've been hitting the panic button at all. I'm in favour of mask continuation whilst we are dealing with a third wave whether we have an effective vaccine programme or not.

My hairdressers are keeping things as they are now post July19th. I suppose small shops can do as they please.
    Thank you Pulisa - I do know my situation has made things different for me to view - sometimes hard to see what's normal and what's not

and that's good news re the hairdressers - at least you can get a safe haircut going forward!

We use a mobile hairdresser and she's said she's keeping masks and ensuring all clients wear a mask too - if they refuse she won't go to them so there's that at least

I understand this but covid isn't the flu.

Also the risk of mutations from it being left to go unchecked through the population is a risk. It's definitely not going away, you're correct but I do think there is a difference between accepting that and still being careful (masks / some restrictions) compared to a free for all where we allow it to completely run it's way through.

Flu or pneumonia?
    Flu and pneumonia in causation with flu.

Isn't that the same with covid that it then runs into severe pneumonia?

Covid is very different from flu though. It's far more than a respiratory infection for some unfortunate people. It's still an unknown quantity and then there's the Long Covid enigma.

Covid is very different from flu though. It's far more than a respiratory infection for some unfortunate people. It's still an unknown quantity and then there's the Long Covid enigma.
    Unfortunately I think we need to accept people will continue to die from covid for quite a while yet maybe long term. If we accept at the moment 10k deaths per year from flu and complications from flu, where do we set the limit for covid, the same amount?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Thank you for your kind comments, Gary.

First time it's happened since 1966.
    For the men’s team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I think we need to accept people will continue to die from covid for quite a while yet maybe long term. If we accept at the moment 10k deaths per year from flu and complications from flu, where do we set the limit for covid, the same amount?
    I would hate to have to make such a clinical decision.

Quite apart from deaths the sheer disruption Covid brings with self-isolation/PCR/LF tests isn't something which we have ever needed with flu or norovirus outbreaks. Surely there is a case for trying to limit spread with a continuation of masks and social distancing? Vaccination doesn't appear to be sufficient with the Delta variant?

I understand that LF tests will cease to be free very shortly.

I will be interested to see how businesses and workplaces react after 19/7: I get the feeling that where I work is very unlikely to change anything from where we are now, likewise I can imagine screens remaining in place in shops.

I imagine the biggest changes will be in the hospitality industry, especially pubs. I'm curious to know how the railway tour industry will behave as the more seats they can sell in the dining parts of the charter trains obviously means more money for the operator - and I'm booked on two such trains in late September and mid-October.

Page 12 of 103 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread Information