Page 18 of 103 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    The doctor seen her in person and confirmed the vaccine caused the stomach irritation. She still has issues some days but she has not followed it up anymore as they issued medication. Your not at risk though the vaccine protects you. People have got covid from animals I am sure and also some people can’t be jabbed as they have allergies. We have such high vaccination in UK have you worked out what % would be if you come into touch with someone unvaccinated?
    It might just be that a specific ingredient is the issue so she needs another one. With the newness of these vaccines a GP might not have enough information to determine which is best. It's worth following up though.

My GF can't have the regular flu jab due to an intolerance to certain ingredients so she has to wait longer each year for another.

True I mean listen if this is short term fair enough. I think ID cards and over athauritarian governments is another issue. If say we don’t end face masks now we may never will. The risk can’t be zero very few people are dying of covid but at the same time the vaccine isn’t 100%. Do we shut down forever to protect a tiny minority who the vaccine doesn’t work for?
    Don't we already protect minorities? Isn't that what a socially conscious country does?

We could turn into certain US states (apologies to US members) who put some invisible right of liberty higher than the right to life. Not just Covid either so stuff the Welfare State and stuff the poor, old, sick, etc.

Protecting vulnerable people is an addition of the many things we already do. But we aren't shutting down forever and I have to question how you are even coming to this conclusion when barely any lockdown measures are still in place in the UK. We are relatively free already.

And why do you care what France are doing? Our vaccination programme is more successful hence why they are having to go that route to protect people who prefer to go on living over someone else's opinions over vaccines.

Why do you entertain the possibility you will be held down against your will? Have you been reading about that Scottish care home by any chance? If so, don't apply it to anyone else because that is about criminal abuse. Unless you live in China you won't face this.

You are connecting all the wrong dots. It's catastrophizing.

True I mean listen if this is short term fair enough. I think ID cards and over athauritarian governments is another issue. If say we don’t end face masks now we may never will. The risk can’t be zero very few people are dying of covid but at the same time the vaccine isn’t 100%. Do we shut down forever to protect a tiny minority who the vaccine doesn’t work for?
    Over 100 countries have ID cards, including most of Europe, this includes probably one most liberal countries in the world the Netherlands, they don't seem to have much of an issue with it.

My photo driving licence has proven to be a blessing for identification purposes (like when we used to collect parcels from the post office - remember that?) I really cannot see any sensible reason for objecting to ID cards other than some concept of "liberty".

I'd be cool with ID cards, no issue at all, very useful for 'proving identity' at all sorts of places - and yes, my PO get to see my driving licence still on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    My next prediction: we as a species will die by 2022. This virus is mutating far too quickly for us to handle.
    Have you been reading scare stories from dubious sources online?

No, but from what I've seen, releasing the general public to do their own thing will lead to millions more needless deaths.

I think "millions" is unlikely, even allowing for the bovine stupidity of most of the British public; but tens of thousands, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    My next prediction: we as a species will die by 2022. This virus is mutating far too quickly for us to handle.
    Nahhh... the stats alone show that won't happen. Not to say, as you said, there will be many more deaths, but the vast majority recover. We have a weapon against the beast and hopefully people will take advantage of it.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Nahhh... the stats alone show that won't happen. Not to say, as you said, there will be many more deaths, but the vast majority recover. We have a weapon against the beast and hopefully people will take advantage of it.

FMP
    And yet, from a forum I was reading earlier:

I'm confused about someone I've been to recently. Perhaps they've been living under quite a large rock. Mixing round all the relatives watching the match, whilst feeling unwell and having no sense of taste or smell.

"Oh I didn't know I had to get a covid test"

Page 18 of 103 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread Information