Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

On the subject of masks: the ones we commonly wear at the moment are really meant to protect those around the wearer, not the wearer themselves.

There was a recent report that said that "P3" masks can offer very high levels of protection to the wearer (I think it was in a hospital setting) Trouble is, the disposable ones are around £5 each and unsurprisingly, are quite difficult to breathe through because of their very high filtration rate. They're also unsuitable if you have a beard as they won't seal around the face properly.

I may still get some despite the cost. I'm not getting sick because Tories want me dead for the sake of the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    On the subject of masks: the ones we commonly wear at the moment are really meant to protect those around the wearer, not the wearer themselves.

There was a recent report that said that "P3" masks can offer very high levels of protection to the wearer (I think it was in a hospital setting) Trouble is, the disposable ones are around £5 each and unsurprisingly, are quite difficult to breathe through because of their very high filtration rate. They're also unsuitable if you have a beard as they won't seal around the face properly.

I may still get some despite the cost. I'm not getting sick because Tories want me dead for the sake of the economy.
    Nothing is absolutely set in stone as yet PM, and the 19th July 'Freedom Day' is still more 'provisional' than 'absolute'.

The govt could still change their minds if the worst-case scenarios (heaven forbid) came to pass.

I reckon that the govt are also sh1t scared of the possibility of mass civil unrest occurring if restrictions aren't lifted on that date, let alone the odd chances of further restrictions being reinstated.

After all, they (the current Tory govt) are responsible for cutting services such as the police to the bone over the past decade, so they can basically 'own' the likely repercussions of such failings!

They never seemed to learn from the riotous events of August 2011, nor the terrorist attacks of 2017 in London and Manchester.

To be honest, for me workwise, I think we'll still be wearing masks for patient contact for the foreseeable future. I would be very surprised if they said we didn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    To be honest, for me workwise, I think we'll still be wearing masks for patient contact for the foreseeable future. I would be very surprised if they said we didn't have to.
    Probably the wisest thing to do in the meantime.

It also proves your professionalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I'm not getting sick because Tories want me dead for the sake of the economy.
    You’ve been fully vaccinated, therefore reducing your risk of serious illness by around 90%. At a certain point, perhaps you should consider that it’s you who is being completely illogical and, frankly, over the top hysterical about your risk. Statements like the above are just not consistent with what’s happening right now, you should probably try harder to stop thinking like this or you’ll never get any quality of life back.

In the words of Jack Nicholson himself, what if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I suppose if we didn’t have the delta variant that we’d be doing that too FMP. It seems so strange that we are in our 3rd wave and with high infection rates but life is about to open up. It’s been constant up and downs for 18 months and I personally find it a bit tricky at the moment.
    The Delta variant is the prominent variant here too and it's hitting some places hard. Sadly, its still the political divide along with skewed thinking that is dictating the spread. There are pockets of high infection rates and hospitalizations in many of the rural and southern states that are considered 'red'. Coincidently, these states have the lowest vaccination rates.... go figure

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    You’ve been fully vaccinated, therefore reducing your risk of serious illness by around 90%.
    If it has worked. I give you Andrew Marr. You yourself have admitted as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    At a certain point, perhaps you should consider that it’s you who is being completely illogical and, frankly, over the top hysterical about your risk. Statements like the above are just not consistent with what’s happening right now, you should probably try harder to stop thinking like this or you’ll never get any quality of life back.
    With due respect mate, you've not had the last fifteen years that I have.

I don't trust any politician to have my interests at heart - and especially not a former merchant banker who subscribes to the ideology of Ayn Rand. To those people, we're just "useless eaters".

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Nothing is absolutely set in stone as yet PM, and the 19th July 'Freedom Day' is still more 'provisional' than 'absolute'.
    I think you'll find it is set in stone - they've now decided that it's time to let the virus circulate and hope that vaccines work.

I thought it was now called "Terminus" Day? Or Cul de Sac Day which you may prefer, PM?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I thought it was now called "Terminus" Day? Or Cul de Sac Day which you may prefer, PM?
    "Plain Bloody Foolish Day" will do for me, P.

Well, we'll see who's right by the end of August, won't we?

Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information