Page 21 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Agreed. I think phil also needs to reread the article which clearly points out things like one jab still dramatically reduces chance of hospitalisation.

I would add to what you point out by asking when they were jabbed? How many are so recent as to not really be vaccinated?

I think Spector just means, looking at the graphs, it ran rampant among the unvaccinated and has ran out of people it therefore the steady upward trend of vaccinated who catch it are converging.

Spector also says it's reaching a plateau, phil. Have you been watching Scotland over the past week? Dramatic drops in some areas which back up Whitty's statement about how the virus is either doubling up or down.

Whitty doesn't say he wants a lockdown. He says if things get so bad it's the most sensible course of action then it would be prudent.
    I'm feeling rather confused by Tim Spector's claim that cases are plateauing right now, unlike the dashboard cases that rose by 48k yesterday.

And as far as Whitty's comments about lockdowns are concerned, I take it he's referring to them only as an absolute last resort.

Like I said in the other thread, only just a few months back the current case numbers would have meant an automatic national lockdown.

In fact, during the height of previous waves of the pandemic, we locked down with much less daily cases than right now!

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I won’t go into a debate about how much they work or don’t work as I don’t personally have an opinion on it. Have I heard of double jabbed very ill with COVID yes. My point is I seen today a pub saying vaxed only people can come in. When 47% testing positive had these jabs that doesn’t make sense as he could end up with a fully vaxed pub having to close for isolation. I am sure you can’t disagree with that one.
    My neighbour has COVID. She has had ONE jab and she looks rough as a badger's @rsehole but she hasn't been HOSPITALISED and that's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    My neighbour has COVID. She has had ONE jab and she looks rough as a badger's @rsehole but she hasn't been HOSPITALISED and that's the point.
    I reckon that's where a lot of the current confusion lies, as it all seems to be such a mixed bag right now regarding the severity of current Covid infections.

Luckily, and no doubt thanks to the jabs, hospitalisations and deaths are currently way down vs cases compared to the first two waves, plus only a small minority who have received both jabs have slipped through the net so far.

It's a bit of a bummer that the pinging app can allegedly penetrate through party walls of neighbouring properties, which not only means that it's oversensitive (and indeed overengineered!), but people needlessly having to self-isolate due to not actually being in direct contact with infected persons.

False alarms galore!
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 16-07-21 at 08:38.

I think another point with the covid pass is that while some people are still getting covid with the vaccine, they aren't spreading it nearly as much - especially to other vaccinated people. If you get a group of vaccinated people together and one of them has covid, the risk of the others catching it is very low. However, if an unvaccinated person in that group has it, the risk of them spreading it to others is higher.

I also would strongly advise against using the Mail as a reliable resource - they over dramatize everything and sometimes just publish fake news. As seen with this article, when most of that 47% of people had one vaccine (we know that you need two to have the best protection).

I'd like to know when GPs will be coming back to their surgeries for face to face consultations. Do they "reopen" or stay hidden behind their phones?

I'll admit that I'm having doubts about my level of protection from covid despite being double jabbed. I just feel that this delta variant is a different ballgame.

If I remember rightly there was a piece in the New York Times a day or two ago suggesting that 'Delta' is more infectious but not more dangerous.

I'm not taking any chances with it.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    I also would strongly advise against using the Mail as a reliable resource - they over dramatize everything and sometimes just publish fake news. As seen with this article, when most of that 47% of people had one vaccine (we know that you need two to have the best protection).
    Exactly this! Thank you for sharing that - I don't read the daily mail at all and seeing the other post about half being vaccinated was alarming.

I do wish there was a better breakdown of it all somewhere - people in hospital what jabs they got ages etc. Would be much easier to make sense of it all but I'm guessing they dont want this data released for whatever reason

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'll admit that I'm having doubts about my level of protection from covid despite being double jabbed. I just feel that this delta variant is a different ballgame.
    This is exactly how I'm feeling as well.

I spoke to my husband about it the other day as he's a lot more relaxed than me (despite being immune suppressed) - If delta hadn't come about, I think I would be still worried as I'm an anxious idiot but far more relaxed about it all and ready to go back into everyday life / go on holiday etc

This new variant has just changed everything. I'm worried not only about catching it now but also about further mutations given we're just letting it spread with no restrictions now

Quote Originally Posted by Squishchips View Post
    I do wish there was a better breakdown of it all somewhere - people in hospital what jabs they got ages etc. Would be much easier to make sense of it all but I'm guessing they dont want this data released for whatever reason
    Well, there's a start here on figures:

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistic...ital-activity/

Page 21 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread Information