Page 22 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

Quote Originally Posted by Squishchips View Post
    This is exactly how I'm feeling as well.

I spoke to my husband about it the other day as he's a lot more relaxed than me (despite being immune suppressed) - If delta hadn't come about, I think I would be still worried as I'm an anxious idiot but far more relaxed about it all and ready to go back into everyday life / go on holiday etc

This new variant has just changed everything. I'm worried not only about catching it now but also about further mutations given we're just letting it spread with no restrictions now

I'm glad I'm not the only one to feel this. I'd like to be more optimistic but it's not a reassuring picture and it doesn't help that Chris Whitty made that statement last night.

Now we've got the beta variant in France on our doorsteps unless action is taken quickly. Hope that lessons will be learned from last time with India.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one to feel this. I'd like to be more optimistic but it's not a reassuring picture and it doesn't help that Chris Whitty made that statement last night.

Now we've got the beta variant in France on our doorsteps unless action is taken quickly. Hope that lessons will be learned from last time with India.
    If I know our govt they will probably end up being caught napping once again like they were with Delta back in April.

I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I'm feeling rather confused by Tim Spector's claim that cases are plateauing right now, unlike the dashboard cases that rose by 48k yesterday.

And as far as Whitty's comments about lockdowns are concerned, I take it he's referring to them only as an absolute last resort.

Like I said in the other thread, only just a few months back the current case numbers would have meant an automatic national lockdown.

In fact, during the height of previous waves of the pandemic, we locked down with much less daily cases than right now!
    If you look at the whole, it's all going up. If you look more locally you can see plateaus and sharp drops post peak. Whitty said it either doubling up or down.

Yes, the very article phil linked showed Whitty saying it was only if it gets to the point of causing problems with overwhelming the NHS.

I'd like to know when GPs will be coming back to their surgeries for face to face consultations. Do they "reopen" or stay hidden behind their phones?
    Mine sent me a text weeks ago explaining their 'new normal'. Now receptionists can even more nosy and uncooperative.

I don't think GP's will go back to normal for a very long time. I think they like less face to face contact.

In my job there has to be face to face contact, but that's what I like about my job. Although when/if that goes back to normal is anybody's guess.

I met my stepdad in town before for a coffee. We sat outside Costas under a brolly. When I was in there I asked how things would be changing for them. They said there would be no social distancing, all the tables would be reinstated and masks aren't compulsory. I don't know. Workwise I'll still have to wear one and I don't think I'm ready to stop in supermarkets, in fact anywhere where there is a lot of people and reduced space.

Funny story from last summer (well I think it's funny), a friend of mine got contacted to go for a smear and they were doing the wait in the car park until you were telephoned to go in. Well my friend was dutifully waiting and the nurse phoned her and said 'hello Mrs blahblah, don't worry about coming into the building, I'll come out to you'. After spluttering a bit my friend explained it wouldn't be appropriate for a smear, of course the nurse had thought she was there for a jab.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Mine sent me a text weeks ago explaining their 'new normal'. Now receptionists can even more nosy and uncooperative.
    I'm fairly certain those human junkyard dogs are now doing the triage...

I'd like to know when GPs will be coming back to their surgeries for face to face consultations. Do they "reopen" or stay hidden behind their phones?
    My daughter got a face to face appointment this week. We were the only people in the waiting room. It was very odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Funny story from last summer (well I think it's funny), a friend of mine got contacted to go for a smear and they were doing the wait in the car park until you were telephoned to go in. Well my friend was dutifully waiting and the nurse phoned her and said 'hello Mrs blahblah, don't worry about coming into the building, I'll come out to you'. After spluttering a bit my friend explained it wouldn't be appropriate for a smear, of course the nurse had thought she was there for a jab.
    Blimey...Let's hope it doesn't come to that in the future?! Could cause all sorts of scrapes for the NHS.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I'm fairly certain those human junkyard dogs are now doing the triage...
    Didn't they always..until you ask them a probing question and they plead ignorance "because they are not medically trained" so b*gger off..

Page 22 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread Information