Page 25 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    You're not kidding PM.

I seriously wonder what Tim Spector and Co have been playing at this week, as like I already said upthread, he proclaimed on Thursday that UK Covid cases are plateauing, and the ZOE site stats show only about 31k cases today, unlike the dashboard which shows 54k cases.

Seriously all of those at ZOE must have been kipping under a rock these past few days!

Probably very wise...Just hope they were all practising social distancing whilst sleeping under said rock...

You're not kidding PM.

I seriously wonder what Tim Spector and Co have been playing at this week, as like I already said upthread, he proclaimed on Thursday that UK Covid cases are plateauing, and the ZOE site stats show only about 31k cases today, unlike the dashboard which shows 54k cases.

Seriously all of those at ZOE must have been kipping under a rock these past few days!
    Spector and the ZOE folks aren't the only ones living under a rock right now.

Surely Boris claimed on the live rolling page on the BBC website on Thursday that we're over the worst of this pandemic in the UK, then contradicted himself later by saying this pandemic is 'far from over'!

Another fool who is totally delusional, even at the best of times!!

A festival in Holland was COVID secure 1,000 tested positive despite fully jabbed and testing. Also our health secretary has tested positive so it seems passes would not just discriminate but create a false sense of security for those who are jabbed.

Also they are saying a second lockdown in September so what’s your thoughts Terry and Gary? I thought vaccines were the way out but the double jabbed are testing positive. Australia is talking about a in out lockdown where they open up lockdown open up lockdown. Seems this may happen here too. The jab seems to have had an effect but only small it keeps many people out of hospital but not enough as hospitals are over run with jabbed people which means the jabs will need improved.

All this jab avoiding quarantine what a lot of crap. I wonder if that’s why France now double jabbed have to isolate. I hope this means COVID passport scheme has died and also skipping quarantine if jabbed as these measures would risk the virus spreading further.

You're not kidding PM.

What worries me is in Scotland cases are falling but we may lockdown if we go with a national approach. It’s 50/50 isn’t it Sturgeon skipped lockdown 2.0 but i fear we may see cases fall and fall but could be plunged into a lockdown due to England and the open border?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    What worries me is in Scotland cases are falling but we may lockdown if we go with a national approach. It’s 50/50 isn’t it Sturgeon skipped lockdown 2.0 but i fear we may see cases fall and fall but could be plunged into a lockdown due to England and the open border"?" (notice the reassurance pattern?)
    You can always get vaxxed and help yourself and others

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 17-07-21 at 22:32.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    You can always get vaxxed and help yourself and others

FMP
    Worked well for UK Heath secretary double jabbed tested positive and half the cabinet pinged and have to isolate. UK is in crisis.

Could this be the reason double jabbed are still getting infected?
    https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...-india-variant

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Could this be the reason double jabbed are still getting infected?
    https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...-india-variant
    Maybe but seemingly our health minister had the AZ Oxford one I think.

Worked well for UK Heath secretary double jabbed tested positive and half the cabinet pinged and have to isolate. UK is in crisis.
    Better to have the jab, have 90+% protection and survive than die. The vast majority of hospitalized cases and deaths are among the unvaxxed

I think it's time you stopped this nonsense, make a decision and live (or not) with it and stop bitching

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

What worries me is in Scotland cases are falling but we may lockdown if we go with a national approach. It’s 50/50 isn’t it Sturgeon skipped lockdown 2.0 but i fear we may see cases fall and fall but could be plunged into a lockdown due to England and the open border?
    I don't think lockdowns are justifiable where it is under control. Business, and the economy, can't take it forever.

Scotland is seeing major decreases now so many areas are over their peaks. Edinburgh, Glasgow, Fife, Dundee, etc. All going down as fast as it went up.

This is why Spector most likely said this. National trend does not reflect everywhere and that's because areas are being hit at different times so have to pass through their cycles at different times. So if we go back to last year we had local lockdowns which are justifiable. You can't shut Exeter if they have 5 positive cases just because there is a spike in Sunderland.

Vaccination is the way out. The only way out. Unless you want to go for herd immunity or living in constant lockdowns. Australia have problems with rollout and France have a higher number of sceptics. Don't compare them to us because each country is different and their supply lines and economies just aren't the same.

But vaccination was never 100%. It's still early days for vaccines and better ones may come along in years to come. They are still learning about this virus and countering it's mutations.

You've got to be very careful in examining the double jabbed and we've said this to you before. Show me a case study breakdown of all the deaths. How do I know there aren't 90% chemo patients in there, 2% AIDS, 3% some other immunosuppressive disorders and the rest may be over 100 years old. Some clinically vulnerable can be seriously ill and die from catching colds. How do we know Covid was why? We know they had it but for all we know they could have been seriously ill in hospital and died from any number of complications.

Yes, around nearly half (47% jabbed was it?) had been jabbed. PM asked 1st or 2nd? I asked yesterday or 3 weeks ago? This 47% could be full of dirty data. What if 20% of them had their first jab yesterday? So not really vaccinated yet? Have these people been eliminated from the numbers? I can't say I've heard they have and so we have got rolled up figures with no understanding of what they mean.

So how can you say vaccination doesn't work? For all we know that 47% ends up a few % once proper analysis has concluded.

The same with 2nd jabbed. 2nd jabbed when? Yesterday? And with what as fishman has posed above.

And don't forget it's death with 28 days. Covid? Have they stopped counting blatantly false cases in this pot?

I won't rule out lockdowns. I'm listening to Whitty. It's common sense. If a new variant comes along that current vaccination doesn't work for then the game changes. Boosters are obvious as we don't know long term so it's prudent to carry on protecting those most vulnerable rather than get cheap and risk going back to square one. I don't see how what he said is any different to other situations where strategies change. A hospital won't want to do xyz but doesn't rule out a change in circumstance that forces a policy change.

Not read about Holland yet so no idea on that. But remember vaccination isn't 100% so 40k footie fans jumping on each other for an afternoon is bound to give the virus a better chance to transmit.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 18-07-21 at 06:41.

Page 25 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread Information