Page 35 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Then report me I'm only stating a solution to the issue. If you have a better solution, please enlighten me.
    Yes, I do.

LEAVE THE GUY ALONE.

Oh, and I have reported you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Yes, I do.

LEAVE THE GUY ALONE.

Oh, and I have reported you.
    I'm sure he's trembling in his boots...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    If nothing else it just shows how controllable influenza is if measures are taken. Until now none of us would even begin to consider wearing a mask or whatever in flu season, yet at its worst influenza can cause tens of thousands of deaths per year.
    I think you are right and it raises some interesting questions. If business want to cut a big chunk of those sick days they complain about then we need to change what we do. If the NHS want less patients due to flu and colds then the same applies.

There are gains to be made from what we have learnt that cover economy, public sector budgets, reduction in payments to medical equipment & drug companies. But I'm sceptical anything will change, it's more likely it will be forget in the named it returning to BAU. Then when business and the NHS raise these issues maybe someone will remind them of the opportunities?

However this period is artificial since we wouldn't be locking down so I would expect more limited success.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I think you are right and it raises some interesting questions. If business want to cut a big chunk of those sick days they complain about then we need to change what we do. If the NHS want less patients due to flu and colds then the same applies.

There are gains to be made from what we have learnt that cover economy, public sector budgets, reduction in payments to medical equipment & drug companies. But I'm sceptical anything will change, it's more likely it will be forget in the named it returning to BAU. Then when business and the NHS raise these issues maybe someone will remind them of the opportunities?

However this period is artificial since we wouldn't be locking down so I would expect more limited success.
    That's exactly the trouble with many people Terry, old habits die hard.

We've already been there before with the likes of the Global Financial Crisis, which many people now seem to have forgotten about, and I can bet you a tenner that many still haven't learned the lessons from it.

In fact, it had already reportedly been a 'ticking time bomb' for about 4 or 5 years prior to 2007, but as per usual, most people the world over were caught napping over it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    That's exactly the trouble with many people, old habits die hard.
    And history tends to repeat itself. This is from the 1930's...

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

2937CD59-E758-4FCB-A7BD-EB54CB30CD59.jpg
    I am looking for some comments on this about herd immunity not being possible stopping mass testing and the people who get COVID double jabbed carry same viral load? See attached article

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I am looking for some comments on this about herd immunity not being possible stopping mass testing and the people who get COVID double jabbed carry same viral load? See attached article
    The vaccines stop severe disease in nearly all cases. Some ambiguity around how effective they are with getting it and passing it on with Delta, they can prevent it a little but not completely. Due to this this variant may indeed make herd immunity trickier which is why it's so important for everyone to get vaccinated so they are at least protected against severe disease. I don't think there are any serious calls to stop testing yet this is just what one person said.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post

Well the BBC haven't as yet elaborated on this.

Another day another scientist's opinion..

Still the same scenario..No one can successfully predict the future no matter how many reports scientists or experts collate.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    The vaccines stop severe disease in nearly all cases. Some ambiguity around how effective they are with getting it and passing it on with Delta, they can prevent it a little but not completely. Due to this this variant may indeed make herd immunity trickier which is why it's so important for everyone to get vaccinated so they are at least protected against severe disease. I don't think there are any serious calls to stop testing yet this is just what one person said.
    As you said, just one person's view so far.

Surely if this was a genuine threat the BBC would have picked up on it by now, plus it would no doubt have been the main front-page headline on all of today's daily papers.

I personally think ditching testing right now would be unethical and basically 'giving in'.

Page 35 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread Information