Page 36 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

The BBC did eventually quote something earlier this morning from another 'scientist' along similar lines about the likelihood of total herd immunity being virtually impossible, but in a less sensationalist manner.

The scientist concerned in this particular instance is Andrew Hayward of NERVTAG.

The name of the scientist whose link Phil posted (from the i newspaper) this morning, by comparison is Andrew Pollard.

As far as Phil is concerned, it's probably another reason for him to justify not getting jabbed, but then again, nobody can force him (or anyone) to get jabbed against his will as it's a free country!

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Attachment 5405
    I am looking for some comments on this about herd immunity not being possible stopping mass testing and the people who get COVID double jabbed carry same viral load? See attached article
    I don't understand his reasoning that we will be stuck vaccinating people because we keep testing. You can stop testing completely but unless you vaccinate it will just run rampant behind the scenes.

This seems a strange article to me. Earlier Pollard is arguining herd immunity isn't possible yet that last statement can only be approval of herd immunity strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I don't understand his reasoning that we will be stuck vaccinating people because we keep testing. You can stop testing completely but unless you vaccinate it will just run rampant behind the scenes.

This seems a strange article to me. Earlier Pollard is arguining herd immunity isn't possible yet that last statement can only be approval of herd immunity strategy.

Ditto Terry.

It seems a little odd, if not on the dubious side to me too.

Whilst I could be totally wrong, I can sense some kind of agenda from Pollard.

Highest ever cases in Scotland today and my wife’s gran seems to have got COVID and isn’t too well despite the double jab. We don’t see her often though but yes highest ever cases yet we are in August so often I hear it’s seasonal it certainly was in 2020 but seems this virus is rife in the summer now? Seems little end in sight to this virus?

Highest ever cases in Scotland today and my wife’s gran seems to have got COVID and isn’t too well despite the double jab. We don’t see her often though but yes highest ever cases yet we are in August so often I hear it’s seasonal it certainly was in 2020 but seems this virus is rife in the summer now? Seems little end in sight to this virus?
    I know what you're saying Phil.

Doesn't necessarily mean that jabs aren't working though as they still are for the most part. Hopefully what your wife's gran has right now is just 'Covid-lite', that is if it's Covid at all?

If not, it could very well be just another common cold-type illness that is most likely to be inconsequential.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I know what you're saying Phil.

Doesn't necessarily mean that jabs aren't working though as they still are for the most part. Hopefully what your wife's gran has right now is just 'Covid-lite', that is if it's Covid at all?

If not, it could very well be just another common cold-type illness that is most likely to be inconsequential.
    What worries me is still lots of daily deaths. Like seemingly flu became less lethal I rather be careful a little while longer in the hope the virus loses sort of importance and it becomes more like a cold. There is talk of more deadly strains but surely this pandemic will end by better treatments or natural immunity? I have very few people catch COVID twice so natural immunity May be quite long?

My gran mother is in a care home not long left but not COVID just as she’s 105 my wife’s gran mother is 85 roughly so 20 years younger but I always worry when someone very old gets COVID how big a risk is it? I wish the covid risk would go away sure life was always dangerous before 2019 but it feels awful just getting through each day worrying without getting COVID if you are in a busy place just being glad to stay safe? When will it all end?

UK-wide cases are still down on yesterday (30k today vs 31k yesterday) with cases up in Scotland (obviously) and NI, but down in England and Wales.

Sadly it seems to have come full circle in Scotland right now.

All nations will probably no doubt be up once again tomorrow being a Wednesday as cases usually tend to increase on Wednesdays, Thursdays and sometimes Fridays, but I could end up being wrong of course, which would be a bonus.

Jab rates have been steadily increasing over the past week too.

Over 5 thousand today highest ever in Scotland? 1/3 cases are under 19 seemingly any thoughts on why it’s so high is it just schools?

Over 5 thousand today highest ever in Scotland? 1/3 cases are under 19 seemingly any thoughts on why it’s so high is it just schools?
    Might be time to protect yourself

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 36 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread Information