Page 43 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

Hardest part of this weekend is seeing people go to reading and Leeds on tv enjoying themselves and people travelling Eurostar again sadly I feel too scared to do these right now which is very depressing

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Hardest part of this weekend is seeing people go to reading and Leeds on tv enjoying themselves and people travelling Eurostar again sadly I feel too scared to do these right now which is very depressing
    I understand how you feel Phil, but all in all, people have to bite the bullet at some point and can't stay shut down and shut away forever more.

At the end of the day it's all about reasonable management of potential risks surrounding Covid, rather than avoiding them entirely.

Beautifully put, Lenco. Life's inherently risky, we just have to do what we can to counter that whilst still living our lives.

Most of us have done what we can to mitigate the risks, it's time to start getting back to living life. It's not going to be fully back to 'normal' for quite some time, in some ways it may never get back fully 'normal', but we have to take a step forward not backwards now and see where that takes us.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    Most of us have done what we can to mitigate the risks, it's time to start getting back to living life. It's not going to be fully back to 'normal' for quite some time, in some ways it may never get back fully 'normal', but we have to take a step forward not backwards now and see where that takes us.
    TBH, I don't think there's really ever been any such thing as absolute 'normal' as throughout history things have been constantly shifting on a day-to-day basis with nothing ever staying totally still.

But the general consensus right now seems to be about learning to live with Covid, just like we've basically learned to live with pretty much all the other hazards we've always faced on a daily basis.

Let's face it, we know far more about this wretched virus now than we did back in the spring of 2020 when we all locked down for the first time ever. It was basically the only way we knew how to manage the situation back then, unlike now where we have vaccines and other potential mitigating measures.

I think the thing to bear in mind is that the government - albeit reluctantly - is realising that we cannot 'jab' our way out of this. Just wish they would have the backbone to say so publicly. Current opinion from some scientific quarters is that we are all going to contract it sooner of later - vaccinated or not - so we might as well get on with it.

If they were to invest in developing existing therapeutics, mitigating the vaccine risks, and giving people an alternative, people might must relax a bit and take it more in their stride... at the moment a lot of folks are still unnecessarily terrified of it due to the daily MSM and government fear-mongering.

So how safe is going to a concert or football match or holiday? I see people still not doing this but many who are. I also read Covid could become more like a flu by next spring so how long do I sit this one out?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    So how safe is going to a concert or football match or holiday? I see people still not doing this but many who are. I also read Covid could become more like a flu by next spring so how long do I sit this one out?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

First you will have to psyche yourself up for a swab test if you want to do these things ie travel or go to concerts etc. It's up to you as to whether facing up to a fear is worth it to continue with doing stuff you enjoy?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    First you will have to psyche yourself up for a swab test if you want to do these things ie travel or go to concerts etc. It's up to you as to whether facing up to a fear is worth it to continue with doing stuff you enjoy?
    You get PCR standard ones for £89 pounds online which are saliva based. But hopefully this won’t last forever as testing could out price the gig

Page 43 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread Information