Page 46 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

Could the depression be making me feel low on energy today? I get I have to adapt but it’s hard. It’s difficult to adapt to a new word thing is there is more stuff i can do but since I spent months locked in after work I often stay in. I’m on holiday from work this week and my wife was isolating a few weeks back with me so I’ve been very bored. I worry these papers will carry other medical records before long. Often the future can be positive but it seems bleak very little to look forward to?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Could the depression be making me feel low on energy today? I get I have to adapt but it’s hard. It’s difficult to adapt to a new word thing is there is more stuff i can do but since I spent months locked in after work I often stay in. I’m on holiday from work this week and my wife was isolating a few weeks back with me so I’ve been very bored. I worry these papers will carry other medical records before long. Often the future can be positive but it seems bleak very little to look forward to?
    Adapting to change can be difficult, but let’s put it into a bit of perspective here. What are you really having to adapt to, honestly? A bit of cloth over your face when you go shopping? Scanning a QR code or leaving some contact details when you go to a hospitality venue? It’s hardly life altering is it?

The past two years have been extremely tough and I’d wager we’ve all had our difficult days throughout all of this. I understand that there may be that underlying dread about what the future may bring but let’s be honest, bad things can happen at any time. For me, it’s best to just appreciate what you have and try and look forward to the things that’ll bring you happiness. Dreading the future only serves to deprive you of the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Adapting to change can be difficult, but let’s put it into a bit of perspective here. What are you really having to adapt to, honestly? A bit of cloth over your face when you go shopping? Scanning a QR code or leaving some contact details when you go to a hospitality venue? It’s hardly life altering is it?

The past two years have been extremely tough and I’d wager we’ve all had our difficult days throughout all of this. I understand that there may be that underlying dread about what the future may bring but let’s be honest, bad things can happen at any time. For me, it’s best to just appreciate what you have and try and look forward to the things that’ll bring you happiness. Dreading the future only serves to deprive you of the present.
    Very wise words Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    The way I look at it now is that any restrictions are much better than having another lockdown - while this situation isn't ideal, it is what it is. The government is not trying to control us, they're trying to ensure they can alert us if we have been exposed to covid so we don't put anyone else at risk. For instance, I'd rather know if I'd been exposed because I see my very at risk gran quite a lot! Doing a weekly LFT doesn't take more than 15 minutes and isn't really a hindrance on anything, at least in my opinion? Sometimes things do come up in life and we just have to work around them. Look at how far we've come - I for one am so much happier now i can see my mum without worrying (now we've both been vaxxed). If you think its really affecting your mental health, then do see a doctor. But this is going to be life for a while so we've got to find ways to adapt.
    You're dead right Elizabethalice.

We all have far greater freedom now than we had during the most part of last year, and even the first few months of this year.

As much as I dislike Boris and Co with a passion, I still don't buy into all this nonsense about the govt being out to 'control' us. In fact, it's more the opposite, the authorities actually struggle to control us a lot of the time!

The fact is, they'll always get it in the neck regardless of whatever they do, or don't do. Same for all the other parties.

Any thoughts on Plan C? It’s in Telegraph tonight about ban on house hold mixing so seems the vaccine wasn’t the way out. I assume Plan C includes the firebreak “lockdown” at Xmas as mentioned a few weeks back too.

Any thoughts on Plan C? It’s in Telegraph tonight about ban on house hold mixing so seems the vaccine wasn’t the way out. I assume Plan C includes the firebreak “lockdown” at Xmas as mentioned a few weeks back too.
    There's no actual 'Plan C' and there never has been, it's only a hypothetical 'plan' made up by the media and isn't officially designated nor devised by the govt at this stage.

As always, you need to take what the papers say with a pinch of salt.

Personally, I think the govt should have gone straight for the Plan B in yesterday's briefing, and l feel as though they've been caught napping once again.

On that subject..Whatever happened to the rapper Plan B..Surely now could be the time for a comeback track?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    On that subject..Whatever happened to the rapper Plan B..Surely now could be the time for a comeback track?
    How ironic.

We never seem to hear of him anymore, whereas 10 years ago he was all the rage.

He's probably still active, but not currently in the mainstream pop world.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    There's no actual 'Plan C' and there never has been, it's only a hypothetical 'plan' made up by the media and isn't officially designated nor devised by the govt at this stage.

As always, you need to take what the papers say with a pinch of salt.

Personally, I think the govt should have gone straight for the Plan B in yesterday's briefing, and l feel as though they've been caught napping once again.
    Ok so do you suggest restrictions every winter? What’s the exit if it’s not vaccines?

Ok so do you suggest restrictions every winter? What’s the exit if it’s not vaccines?
    What do you mean by "exit"? Do you think that you will ever be able to "exit" from covid, Phil?

Page 46 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread Information