Page 48 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Do what you want. Take your own chances. No one here can predict the future or advise you.
    FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    They might try further mandates if people refuse the booster as uptake has been slower
    I reckon that's probably more a reflection on poor logistics. Our surgery don't seem very interested...

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    How is plan B going to affect you? You can't work from home, and I assume you won't wear a mask like last time?
    Well we are in plan b in Scotland already passports and masks but I guess my fear is it moves to plan C lockdown

Well we are in plan b in Scotland already passports and masks but I guess my fear is it moves to plan C lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Do what you want. Take your own chances. No one here can predict the future or advise you.
    FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

A lockdown is only needed now to prevent hospitals being overloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    A lockdown is only needed now to prevent hospitals being overloaded.
    Exactly. And they're still trying to explore other avenues beforehand rather than simply rushing to lockdown willy-nilly.

Perhaps using the word 'lockdown' will probably (and hopefully) encourage people to try harder to take appropriate action, even if if a fourth national lockdown never actually comes to pass.

If it does, it's most likely to be a 'lockdown-lite', and nothing on the scale of the first one in spring 2020.

'Plan C' is unofficial and only hypothetical at this stage.

Used to be Tiers and now it's Plans. It'll be Multiple Choice for Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I reckon that's probably more a reflection on poor logistics. Our surgery don't seem very interested...
    A typical 'caught napping' thing once again by the the sound of it, just like during the original onset of the pandemic back in Jan-Feb 2020, of which they seem to have failed to learn their lessons from.

A real liability and a law unto themselves IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Used to be Tiers and now it's Plans. It'll be Multiple Choice for Xmas.
    Yeah, that tiers thing at the end of last year seemed to be farcical. A real recipe for nationally 'naming and shaming' the worst-hit areas and further intensifying the 'them-and-us' attitudes IMO!

Plus certain in the highest tier areas often cunningly snuck out of their respective areas to lower tier areas so they could get their fixes from pubs, major shopping expeditions, etc, rather than following the rules by staying put.

Yesterday, whilst walking back from the shops I passed a bus at the bus stop.

Lower deck, mostly older people and the majority masked: the upper deck, mostly teenagers and young adults and not a single mask to be seen. And which age group is experiencing the highest infection rate? I just hope any virus particles don't drift down the stairs into the lower decks.

Page 48 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread Information