Page 49 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Used to be Tiers and now it's Plans. It'll be Multiple Choice for Xmas.
    Ah, but Johnson always wants to be seen as "The Man Who Saved Christmas", doesn't he? It's what narcissists crave - to be adored.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-59028147

NHS staff being fired now too how long before they like Austria and Italy extend it to work places? I really do fear for my job my wife is worried we will lose the house over this vaccine. People always say don’t worry but it’s coming mandated vaccines isn’t it? And it will be 3 a year yesterdays newspaper said all under 50’s will have booster next year?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-59028147

NHS staff being fired now too how long before they like Austria and Italy extend it to work places? I really do fear for my job my wife is worried we will lose the house over this vaccine. People always say don’t worry but it’s coming mandated vaccines isn’t it? And it will be 3 a year yesterdays newspaper said all under 50’s will have booster next year?
    There’s only one thing that’s going to stop you having this concern but you’re choosing not to do it. Also, wasn’t your wife advised not to have a second vaccine due to an adverse reaction? That would surely then make her exempt to these rules.

Honestly Phil, these rules are out of our hands. There’s nothing we can do other than get vaccinated and get a Covid pass. If you choose not to then there’s really nothing I or anyone else can say to remove this concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    There’s only one thing that’s going to stop you having this concern but you’re choosing not to do it. Also, wasn’t your wife advised not to have a second vaccine due to an adverse reaction? That would surely then make her exempt to these rules.

Honestly Phil, these rules are out of our hands. There’s nothing we can do other than get vaccinated and get a Covid pass. If you choose not to then there’s really nothing I or anyone else can say to remove this concern.
    Yes but do you see a situation where I am sacked for not having a vaccine? Seemingly Australian supermarkets are doing this. This is my worry they will sack people make them lose there house ect

Yes but do you see a situation where I am sacked for not having a vaccine? Seemingly Australian supermarkets are doing this. This is my worry they will sack people make them lose there house ect
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Do what you want. Take your own chances. No one here can predict the future or advise you.
    FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Well, once again there’s only one solution. It’s a solution you are choosing not to take. This is your decision and that’s entirely your right. The consequences of that decision rest solely on your shoulders.

For me there’s a simple answer, but for you it’s not so simple. I do not sympathise nor do I understand your decision, but I respect your right to take it. Life isn’t fair sometimes.

Yeah, I think that’s the best possible way to put it.

The onus is on you to get vaccinated because it protects both you and the wider community.
    You can choose not to get vaccinated.
    But, this choice comes with its own consequences. Specifically that your decision not to get vaccinated can pose a threat to others in various public and private settings.

If you decide that you’re more comfortable posing a threat to others than getting vaccinated, then others can decide to mitigate that threat by excluding you.

The choice is yours, as are the consequences of your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronantian View Post
    Yeah, I think that’s the best possible way to put it.

The onus is on you to get vaccinated because it protects both you and the wider community.
    You can choose not to get vaccinated.
    But, this choice comes with its own consequences. Specifically that your decision not to get vaccinated can pose a threat to others in various public and private settings.

If you decide that you’re more comfortable posing a threat to others than getting vaccinated, then others can decide to mitigate that threat by excluding you.

The choice is yours, as are the consequences of your decision.
    Listen to this video clearly from Prime Minister Boris Johnston just days ago

https://twitter.com/essexpr/status/1...261284874?s=21

You can still GET covid with a vaccine and you can still SPREAD it!!

Want to dispute the facts? There is no case for vaccine passports

The first weekend of enforcement of Scotland's vaccine passport scheme was an "unmitigated disaster", according to a body representing night-time venues.

Venue staff refused entry to revellers without vaccine passports more than 550 times, and some staff were abused, the Scottish Hospitality Group said.

It said some venues decided to close early and footfall was down by up to 40%.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59034619

Listen to this video clearly from Prime Minister Boris Johnston just days ago

https://twitter.com/essexpr/status/1...261284874?s=21

You can still GET covid with a vaccine and you can still SPREAD it!!

Want to dispute the facts? There is no case for vaccine passports
    So let’s say the vaccine isn’t effective at reducing transmission. It actually is, but let’s say for the moment it isn’t.

Put 1000 unvaccinated people in a room. Someone in that room has Covid and spreads it around. Out of that 1000 people, there’s a high chance that a fair few will end up in hospital at least.

Now put 1000 vaccinated people in a room. Someone in that room has Covid and spreads it around. The risk of anyone in that room ending up in hospital at least is around 85-90% less than it is in the room full of unvaccinated folk. The anti-vaxx crew like to say things like “you can still get Covid even when vaccinated”, but they never mention the reduction in risk of severe outcomes. Why do you think that is?

There’s your case right there. Although I would add that proof of a negative LFT before entry would probably be a far better idea.

The vaccine passports aren’t necessarily something I agree with, but living in a democracy under an elected government means that sometimes you need to live under rules you don’t necessarily agree with.

Genuinely, for the life of me, I can’t understand why all this aggravation and anxiety is outweighed by just getting the fu*king vaccine. This is just silly now, frankly.
    Last edited by Gary A; 25-10-21 at 16:20.

Page 49 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread Information