Page 55 of 103 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

Also there have been reports again recently about baying mobs of antivaxxers protesting outside of schools, which is almost bordering on terroristic IMO.

Of course this is a free country and not a brutal police state where we get forced into getting the jabs with guns held to our heads, but again, IMO, those antivaxx mobs currently terrorising schools and obviously scaring the poor staff, pupils and their parents witless, should seriously be severely dealt with before the mobs start graduating to even crazier antics like attempting to gatecrash and storm the schools in a similar manner to the Capitol in Washington DC back in January.

I know I'm probably being a bit melodramatic here and don't mean to scare or trigger anyone, but I just can't help imagining all kinds of scenarios.

And only because I care.

I think you're only scaring yourself right now, this sounds really unlikely in the UK.

I know it's tough for you, but try not to worry?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I think you're only scaring yourself right now, this sounds really unlikely in the UK.

I know it's tough for you, but try not to worry?
    You're probably right, BI.

It's the the antivaxxers' warped agendas coupled with the safety and security of the school kids, teachers, parents that's the big concern.

Though it's hardly a Columbine-style atrocity, which (touch wood) I could never really imagine happening in this country, or even a Dunblane, but that's another story, and of course doesn't bear thinking about right now.

I don't know if it helps, but our college has lockdown policies and procedures, and I'm betting that's required by regulations these days.

Times have changed a lot since Dunblane, fortunately, although I don't think there's anything that can be done to stop somebody who's determined enough in their hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I don't know if it helps, but our college has lockdown policies and procedures, and I'm betting that's required by regulations these days.

Times have changed a lot since Dunblane, fortunately, although I don't think there's anything that can be done to stop somebody who's determined enough in their hatred.
    You're right, security in in many places has been beefed up significantly since then, and not just in schools and the like, but of course there will always be the odd 'die-harders' who will always go out of their way to commit their abhorrent crimes if they feel so determined and inclined, though fortunately nowadays, it's generally far, far harder to do with total impunity.

IIRC, many LEAs still didn't seem to believe in having CCTV cameras on their school premises well into the 2000s, plus even my former day centre at the time, but Staffs CC in particular have always been notorious for being tight anyway, even through those supposedly more prosperous times.

Just a note about the new NHS vaccination thing. We got an email at work today and it said it won't be mandatory for staff who are medically exempt or that don't have patient contact to have the vaccine. That may change obviously, but that's how it's being seen at the moment.

Let us hope the "medically exempt" category isn't abused.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Let us hope the "medically exempt" category isn't abused.
    I'm assuming they will have to provide some kind of evidence.

I'm sure management will be very careful as the unions and lawyers will be rubbing their hands waiting for their chance to challenge it...

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I'm sure management will be very careful as the unions and lawyers will be rubbing their hands waiting for their chance to challenge it...

I'm sure it will be an opportunity for Big Business and media attention for the hard done by..

Page 55 of 103 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread Information