Page 65 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

Phil, you’re jumping to conclusions based on social media nonsense.

The most likely way that vaccine mandates will be enforced is via the existing system of vaccine passports. Unvaccinated people will be denied entry to shared indoor spaces and, likely, have to choose between their jobs and vaccination (if their job requires them to work in a shared indoor space).

There will be no pinning people down to force vaccinate them, no antivaxx concentration camps, or any of the other far fetched stuff you are imagining.

There will simply be a clear choice - get vaccinated or be excluded from ordinary society.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Go to Goodison Park Pulisa, they see a lot of retreats there.
    Sorry about today....Is Andros' magic wearing thin?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think PM would think that tea brewing leaves a lot to be desired..
    Oh you're on form today Pulisa!!

I think PM would think that tea brewing leaves a lot to be desired..
    Tea's fine: I like tea... but then there's this stuff.

https://www.beermerchants.com/abbaye-de-rochefort-10

Brewed at the Abbaye de Rochefort in Belgium, a few bottles of this and your cares evaporate!

It is very more-ish, which is why I don't buy it any more despite it being possibly my favourite beer.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 21-11-21 at 18:20.

From a German friend on that Daily Fail article:

There has been no decision made about mandatory vaccinations. It is made all the more complicated that all the mayor parties were just eight weeks ago campaigning on tickets that expressly ruled this out. It may be coming (hopefully) but, at the moment, it's just paper talk with Deutsche Welle, no less, leading the charge.

Nationwide, the occupation of intensive care beds is "only" at 15%, and in the most impacted areas, Bayern and Sachsen, it is barely 12%.
    The occupation of ITU beds comes from the Robert Koch-Institut.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 21-11-21 at 18:38.

Ha, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronantian View Post
    Phil, you’re jumping to conclusions based on social media nonsense.

The most likely way that vaccine mandates will be enforced is via the existing system of vaccine passports. Unvaccinated people will be denied entry to shared indoor spaces and, likely, have to choose between their jobs and vaccination (if their job requires them to work in a shared indoor space).

There will be no pinning people down to force vaccinate them, no antivaxx concentration camps, or any of the other far fetched stuff you are imagining.

There will simply be a clear choice - get vaccinated or be excluded from ordinary society.
    Apart from a tiny minority like that odious barsteward Wayne Couzens who murdered Sarah Everard earlier this year (and now rightly facing the music for it), we don't generally live in a sadist police state in this country, so it's highly unlikely that we will be pinned down by sadist police officers with guns or knives being held to the heads of recipients while they're being jabbed. That's definitely not the 'real' Britain we live in, which is generally 'policing by consent' rather than by intimidation, brutality and excessive force, apart from the very very rare exceptions like Sarah Everard (as already mentioned above).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-January.html

Travellers tests scrapped soon that’s good news for all travellers. England may be land of the free whilst Europe goes crazy. Operation ramp down sees all testing cost from March and the quarantine and isolation test trance all scrapped. I think this is good news as we learn to live with covid. No doubt many pro vaccine mask pro lockdown will disagree here but anything that takes us back to normal is good news.

No need to catastrophise/feast on Daily Fail dire predictions then? How will you cope with normality, Phil?

No need to catastrophise/feast on Daily Fail dire predictions then? How will you cope with normality, Phil?
    I know it's probably not for me to say but he'll probably go back to worrying about things like bins again.

Page 65 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread Information