Page 71 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It's sensible to be prepared for a worst case scenario when nothing is known for certain at this stage. Watching and waiting without doing anything is foolish and the media reaction is inevitable and predictable. What matters is what the true experts discover and what is decided as a result of this knowledge.
    Absolutely. And even if by luck things don't actually end up as bad as we currently fear.

The 'better safe than sorry' philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Many predicted this masks by December plan B a super new variant and possible lockdown after Xmas like Europe. The 4th booster tweaked for our new variant. Problem is where does this all end shouldn’t pandemics come to a natural end? Yet again we could see another year like 2021 just as things started to look like some sort of operation ramp down.
    Surly masks and a 4th booster jab aren't a worry to you, as you won't take part in either?

All you have to worry about is the greatly increased risk of catching and becoming seriously ill with Covid compared to over 90% of the population, because you believe stuff written by people who have no expertise in the subject and no sound evidence to back their claims.

If I could "like" the post above, I would.

At the moment, we have little evidence as to how transmissible Omicron is (what happened to Epsilon, Phi and all the rest?) or how it reacts to vaccines so erring on the side of caution would be wise. However, given how pig-headed and plain bloody ignorant the English can be over masks, we are only delaying the inevitable.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 27-11-21 at 11:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    If I could "like" the post above, I would.

At the moment, we have little evidence as to how transmissible Omicron is (what happened to Epsilon, Phi and all the rest?) or how it reacts to vaccines so erring on the side of caution would be wise. However, given how pig-headed and plain bloody ignorant the English can be over masks, we are only delaying the inevitable.
    Seriously, I've never understood how many people become such drama queens over having to wear face masks in certain indoor environments, and complain like it amounts to full-on Nazism and the like, which they've never actually experienced in person to tell the story!

I read the other day on a website called 'The Conversation' (which is quite a reputable site mostly aimed at academics) about how the wearing of face masks has become so politicised, unlike during most past pandemics of this scale, The Blitz, great smogs of London, etc, people just masked up without even questioning it, unlike today where having to do so is considered a major abuse of human rights.

I seriously wish those doing all the moaning and groaning right now who are fully able to wear masks would just get a grip and live in the real world. This current situation is far removed from that of Nazi Germany some 90 years ago. It's also crying wolf to a certain extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I seriously wish those doing all the moaning and groaning right now who are fully able to wear masks would just get a grip and live in the real world. This current situation is far removed from that of Nazi Germany some 90 years ago. It's also crying wolf to a certain extent.
    To compare it to living under Nazi rule is an utterly contemptible and offensive insult to those who did, and died under it. Why do they never compare it to living under Stalin's rule - just as brutal?

However, I can do no better than quote something I saw elsewhere.

Point of note, if you come to an event like this waving a yellow star of David or a swastika symbol, it just shows that you've no bloody imagination except to copy off someone else that you want to feel validated with, and then you have the ****ing gall to call others "sheep".

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Thing is, the govt will always get it in the neck no matter what they do, or don't do.

Damned if do, damned if don't.
    Huh.. yeah. I guess when I'm feeling this bad I end up wanting to blame someone for it (in this case the govt). And by the looks of it I'm not the only one who does that. I suppose thats what happens when you let emotions run amuck like that.

Omicron in an anagram of 'moronic'.

And the 2nd dose expires in 3 months so boosters every 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    And the 2nd dose expires in 3 months so boosters every 3 months
    You're not getting one so why does it matter?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 71 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread Information