Page 76 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

And, just in case you think "I'm young and fit, Covid won't harm me so I don't need a vaccine"... think again.

WARNING: this article may be triggering.
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-covid-vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    An excellent opinion piece from Marina Hyde in The Guardian:

Full article at https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ar-public-good
    A great article PM, ta very much for linking.

Be warned it does contain a bit of mild language, but no F or C-bombs (at least not in the main article itself).

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    A great article PM, ta very much for linking.

Be warned it does contain a bit of mild language, but no F or C-bombs (at least not in the main article itself).
    Which is unusual for Ms. Hyde as she does often swear a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Which is unusual for Ms. Hyde as she does often swear a bit!
    What, F and/or C-bombs?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    What, F and/or C-bombs?
    We call that a meeting that went well

I mentioned Phil's comments about Switzerland and Germany to a couple of posters on another forum who live there.

The politest interpretation of their responses was "he's talking nonsense".

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    We call that a meeting that went well
    New keyboard, please!

Imagine getting call-up papers to fight for your country today..Or being told to comply with blackout regulations...

Freedom of choice innit..

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    My apologies for the confusion I never meant the entire war I meant the medical side of things. Apologies if I caused any offence. And I am happy for others to have the jab but I believe it should be your choice to walk up to a clinic and make that choice in your own time that’s all I think everybody should have that basic right.
    That's ok, phil. The context of your original post was quite clearly regarding the 'papers please' element of WW2 as we so often see portrayed in films.

I think it's over the top but not obscene. You made no reference to the atrocities of that period.

Not too long ago certain left leaning media were making pre WW2 comparisons to the Brexit atmosphere. The outrage over that came from right leaning folks, and probably others who thought they were being as ridiculous as this debate. Right leaning media are always taking digs at the EU EC in the same vein and the roles become reversed as left leaning people become outraged (and probably many EU citizens too).

I think you have to be careful with WW2 comparisons but it's not off limits. Admin can choose on here, of course. However not in front of Jewish people, unless they are ok with the debate. Some Germans may be sensitive too and others who suffered during that period. Many Brits won't care, we've been using 'little Hitler' and 'it's like Nazi Germany' ever since. But we live in sensitized times so...

Listen to what spectrum said. European people can be very different. Plenty are less averse to ID challenges so there is less paranoia over government control. Some may see that as the slowly boiling frog but it's for those who live there to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Imagine getting call-up papers to fight for your country today..Or being told to comply with blackout regulations...

Freedom of choice innit..
    Yes. But let's not forget those who sign up.

Plenty of precious princesses about though.

Page 76 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread Information