Page 78 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    And are they going to jail people every 3 months the jab is due? I don’t see the logistics in mandating a vaccine which requires 4 doses per year
    Wow, you're being utterly ridiculous. And, frankly, just a little bit of a wuss.

Phil, I've said before but the daily mail is literally just hyperbolic nonsense in a paper, often just lies, I really would advise against reading it and especially wouldn't use it to research things.

Also, we aren't in the EU (unfortunately, I miss it) so it doesn't really make a difference what the EU is doing. I highly doubt Boris is going to jail people who don't have vaccines. I don't even think they will do that in the EU, I think it'll be more of a case of not being able to go to places, but I might be wrong.

The jab doesn't require 4 doses per year. People are having 3 because it's the first time their immune systems have been introduced to this virus. That's why when kids have their jabs they often need 3, and then their immune systems understand the virus for the rest of their lives.

We might need jabs more often than that, but not 4 every year.

For example, I had a rabies jab course the other year. I had 3x jabs over the space of 2 months I think. I was then bitten by a dog. I had to have 3 more jabs because i was exposed. If there was a rabies pandemic, we would all have to have a lot more jabs than we are currently having with covid!

With rabies, you need a new course every 5 years (I get these because I work in countries where rabies is a risk frequently, most people in the UK don't).

The science of how long the jabs last for is still being worked out but we need more currently because the pandemic is raging. When it calms down (which it will do quicker if more people get vaccinated) and we aren't exposed as often, plus when our bodies are used to this virus through vaccination, we won't need vaccines as frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    For example, I had a rabies jab course the other year. I had 3x jabs over the space of 2 months I think.
    A few years ago I worked in Brazil.

I felt like a pincushion after I'd had all my jabs...

Can you imagine Boris deciding to jail the unvaxxed....."I'm really terribly sorry and I know it will be hugely inconvenient for you but I'm afraid that you'll have to serve some time in one of HM's establishments in order to keep you safe from the virus. You will have regular access to therapists and a fully furnished prison cell so that you can still be in touch with your friends and family. Terribly sorry about the ban on buying exemptions too. Alas..we are still fighting a pandemic but the Great British Public will come up trumps as usual"

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Can you imagine Boris deciding to jail the unvaxxed....."I'm really terribly sorry and I know it will be hugely inconvenient for you but I'm afraid that you'll have to serve some time in one of HM's establishments in order to keep you safe from the virus. You will have regular access to therapists and a fully furnished prison cell so that you can still be in touch with your friends and family. Terribly sorry about the ban on buying exemptions too. Alas..we are still fighting a pandemic but the Great British Public will come up trumps as usual"
    😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    A few years ago I worked in Brazil.

I felt like a pincushion after I'd had all my jabs...
    Yeah I had about 20 jabs in 2018, so I'm fine with as many covid jabs I need haha

Will there be the option to share a cell with Peppa Pig?

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Seeing as Boris has a habit of telling porkies...probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Just keep David Cameron away.

Family cell for Piers and possibly the jab unconfirmed Jeremy?

Not sure how safe from Covid they will be in jail. My brother's GF is a prison officer and it's killed people at her prison. Apparently they were bricking it. At least a diversion from getting stripes I suppose...

Page 78 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread Information