Page 92 of 103 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

78 thousand cases but just 4,671 omicron I wonder when the new variant is so transmissible why is delta speeding up yet it’s the omicron that’s more transmissible?

But yes feels like the world is ending football matches cancelled press conferences lockdowns feels like March 2020 again anybody feel more positive? What’s happening on other countries it’s been very quiet are they as scared of Omicron?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    78 thousand cases but just 4,671 omicron I wonder when the new variant is so transmissible why is delta speeding up yet it’s the omicron that’s more transmissible?

But yes feels like the world is ending football matches cancelled press conferences lockdowns feels like March 2020 again anybody feel more positive? What’s happening on other countries it’s been very quiet are they as scared of Omicron?
    No major change for me.

'Work from home' is no change, we are never going back to the office full time even after covid as WFH has been a success, we have an employee working party putting hybrid working in place for the future. You are only required in the office where it is beneficial to the project, subjects that cannot be discussed by phone/email/'zoom' due to security/secrecy regulations, if it benefits your mental health to have a few days around people and socializing. We had an outdoor 2-hour BBQ today (totally optional), small teams are going for Christmas meals, which we can put on our company credit cards rather than the usual big bash.
    Work are impressing on the staff to get jabbed, you can go and join a queue during work time without any loss in pay or requirement to make time up. We are a high-tech R&D company mainly in the electronics hardware and software, we have more DR's and Professors (physics/maths/engineering) per square metre than any UK company or hospital, so critical thinking or being led by Facebook or Internet liars is not an issue. Quite a lot of staff are expected to be able to travel internationally, so no jab, no job.

Masks, just have to wear them a bit more, but that's really not an issue, I think most of us are well-used to them now.

I may have to show my covid pass in some places. I'm jabbed, and it's not much difference to using the NHS check in like we used to do.

So, no major change to my life. I will still be off on Friday to see my partner for the weekend, which will be a 100-mile journey. Will probably do the usual My parents, her parents, my house/her house from day after Boxing Day until new year. Boris permitting.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post

AFAIK, full-on lockdowns still very much remain an absolute last resort Phil.

Whilst I can sense a bit of March 2020 deja vu right now, there's one key thing we have now that we didn't have back then, that you still refuse point blank to have done.

But at the same time I am not totally shocked personally by today's record case numbers. Not that I don't care in any way, but more in the context of desensitisation, as having already been down this road before during the most part of the past 2 years.

But of course I'm still far more concerned about hospitalisations and deaths, and how they end up playing out over the coming days/weeks with Omicron, though of course we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, and just carry on doing what we do best in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    No major change for me.

'Work from home' is no change, we are never going back to the office full time even after covid as WFH has been a success, we have an employee working party putting hybrid working in place for the future. You are only required in the office where it is beneficial to the project, subjects that cannot be discussed by phone/email/'zoom' due to security/secrecy regulations, if it benefits your mental health to have a few days around people and socializing. We had an outdoor 2-hour BBQ today (totally optional), small teams are going for Christmas meals, which we can put on our company credit cards rather than the usual big bash.
    Work are impressing on the staff to get jabbed, you can go and join a queue during work time without any loss in pay or requirement to make time up. We are a high-tech R&D company mainly in the electronics hardware and software, we have more DR's and Professors (physics/maths/engineering) per square metre than any UK company or hospital, so critical thinking or being led by Facebook or Internet liars is not an issue. Quite a lot of staff are expected to be able to travel internationally, so no jab, no job.

Masks, just have to wear them a bit more, but that's really not an issue, I think most of us are well-used to them now.

I may have to show my covid pass in some places. I'm jabbed, and it's not much difference to using the NHS check in like we used to do.

So, no major change to my life. I will still be off on Friday to see my partner for the weekend, which will be a 100-mile journey. Will probably do the usual My parents, her parents, my house/her house from day after Boxing Day until new year. Boris permitting.
    Snap! Most of the latest changes in Covid legislation are also a non-issue to me, and don't really affect me personally, as I am triple-jabbed and never strayed from mask-wearing in indoor public places anyway.

No major change for me.

Sounds like your work has a great set-up, Spectrum. Business as usual with minimal upheaval..if any at all. You do what you have to do in order to adapt.

I hope your Christmas is a good one despite omicron..Boris is having a "modest" Christmas which probably means a luxury break in the UK or slumming it at Chequers ..but definitely no quizzes or gatherings!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Sounds like your work has a great set-up, Spectrum. Business as usual with minimal upheaval..if any at all. You do what you have to do in order to adapt.

I hope your Christmas is a good one despite omicron..Boris is having a "modest" Christmas which probably means a luxury break in the UK or slumming it at Chequers ..but definitely no quizzes or gatherings!
    I changed jobs during the pandemic, both found WFH a success. Neither will be going back to previous working practices. I've moved from a small family business with 20 office staff and 40 factory, to one with over 6000 in 65 sites in various countries in a business I know almost nothing about. It's one hell of a challenge even without anxiety!

It has and will make me face anxious situations I've avoided for years, if I don't challenge them, they will keep me enslaved, might work, might not, I won't know unless I try.

The company has a big thing about mental health and employee wellbeing (the induction pack includes a mindfulness book). As was explained to me the boffins who work there are frequently 'on the spectrum' and aren't very productive if they're ill, so it's a big thing.

My partner dug me out of a deep hole and has driven me forward, the change and challenge of a new job being the latest push! I will probably always need daily medication, and the emergency benzo fall back for certain times. The much bigger pay packet helps though!

Hope your Christmas is a good as hopefully mine will be, whatever covid throws at us.

The boarders are finally open here so now after being in hospital,losing mum and dad still in hospital I was planning on going home and taking dad down to Tassie with me,my brother arrives back from the states tomorrow and he said dad will be staying in Sydney where bloody Covid is climbing again since they stopped restrictions.
    Anyway just venting.

I changed jobs during the pandemic, both found WFH a success. Neither will be going back to previous working practices. I've moved from a small family business with 20 office staff and 40 factory, to one with over 6000 in 65 sites in various countries in a business I know almost nothing about. It's one hell of a challenge even without anxiety!

It has and will make me face anxious situations I've avoided for years, if I don't challenge them, they will keep me enslaved, might work, might not, I won't know unless I try.

The company has a big thing about mental health and employee wellbeing (the induction pack includes a mindfulness book). As was explained to me the boffins who work there are frequently 'on the spectrum' and aren't very productive if they're ill, so it's a big thing.

My partner dug me out of a deep hole and has driven me forward, the change and challenge of a new job being the latest push! I will probably always need daily medication, and the emergency benzo fall back for certain times. The much bigger pay packet helps though!

Hope your Christmas is a good as hopefully mine will be, whatever covid throws at us.
    It's so important for a company to understand the role good mental health plays in productivity and employee retention..as is awareness of ASD and how to support and nurture people who have so much to offer but just need the right support to fulfill their potential.

Your partner sounds as if she has done so much to help you by encouraging and supporting you to take on these challenges...which sound so positive and look how much you have achieved! So what if you need daily medication and the odd benzo if you are able to function and have a good quality of life! Thanks for such an inspirational post!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    The boarders are finally open here so now after being in hospital,losing mum and dad still in hospital I was planning on going home and taking dad down to Tassie with me,my brother arrives back from the states tomorrow and he said dad will be staying in Sydney where bloody Covid is climbing again since they stopped restrictions.
    Anyway just venting.
    You must have had an awful time, Lola...I hope you can work something out with your dad and brother..Maybe your brother will change his mind when he gets back and can talk to your dad in person?

Good to have you back on here

Sadly WFH is utterly impossible for me in my line of work and being freelance, it's a choice between go in with all the attendant risks and earn money to live, or stay at home maxing out the credit card and the investments (again). I still haven't cleared all the card debt from last year: I could apply to start taking my pension now but the reduction is too high at this point.

So I'm stuck. I don't want to 'do' Christmas but I know I'll get a major ear-bashing if I don't.

Page 92 of 103 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread Information