Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I have Stomach/Gastric Cancer

I've found a Lump. I think I have Stomach/Gastric Cancer (25 year old Male)

UPDATE: I've found a Lump at the top of my Tummy about an hour ago. Don't know how long it's been there. I don't know what it's called, but it's the areas between the Rib Cage just above the Arche where the Stomach/Liver sit, where the Esophagus runs down I presume. Don't know what to do my HA is going through the roof.

Back in March of last Year (2020) I Started getting Pain in my lower Abdomen below my Belly Button. This started one Night a few Hours after I ate a Kebab, so I thought it was Food Poisoning. A Day or two later I went to the Hospital to see what I could do about Food Poisoning.

Over the next few Month's the Pain persisted and in June or July (can't remember) I sat on the Toilet one Day to have a Poo and after I finished, I got up turned around and saw loads of Blood in the Toilet. When I started to wipe my Behind, I noticed that all the Toilet Paper was Red. I contacted my Doctor and told them what happened and he told me to see if it happens again. Around that time I had Black Tarry Stools too for a while before then and a while afterwards.

The Pain persisted and in October 2020 I started to get a New Pain, this time above my Belly Button in the Left Side in line or just below my Bottom Left Rib. I'm not sure if the Pain changed or it's a completely different Pain because it feels and acts very differently than the previous Pain.

The Pain itself feels like a Dull Ache and sometimes a Burning Ache. It comes and goes throughout the Day randomly and can last a few Seconds to a few Minutes, Eating can set it off again. I occasionally get a Sharp Ache a little further up in or behind the Left Ribs after Eating and sometimes when Breathing.

Most of these Symptoms started within the past couple Months

● Along with the Pain I feel constantly Tired all the time even though I now sleep 10-11 Hours. Sometimes I can't sleep because of the Pain, even though I'm tired.

● I suffer a lot from Indigestion and Burp a lot more than I used to from Gas Build-up.

● I feel constantly Sick, Eating and Drinking makes the feeling worse.

● I also get Bloating after Eating

● Occasionally when I Eat, I get Food Stuck at the back of my Throat. Every time I try Swallowing afterwards, it hurts until it gets Dislodged.

● Loss of Appetite

● Nausea

● My Stools are very Soft and my Bowel Habits change quite often. Wednesday (30th June) I started getting very Watery Diarrhoea and Yesterday (1st July) I went 4 times within 1 Hour.

● Around where the Pain is (In line/just below Left Rib) I get Gurgling every time I Push my Stomach out or Breathe in (Well, same Motion) and sometimes it's accompanied by the Pain. It's never been this frequent or as Load as it is now. When I Jog, it happens constantly as I Run. Sometimes I can also hear Liquid/Water moving around along with the Gurgling.

● I have a constant Tightness around my Upper Left Abdomen, it gets that Tight that I can't feel that part of my Abdomen like it's been Numbed. When I can feel it, it feels like I have a Tight Belt around it and I can't fully Breathe in/Push my Stomach out like it gets Stuck.

● I've bring up Blood before as well a few times, but I'm not sure. It could be a Gum issue as it's in my Saliva.

● Don't know if this is related or not but about 1-2 Months ago I noticed my Left Eyelid has Lowered and my Eyelids are no longer Even. One of my Pupils are Smaller than the other all of a sudden as well. It's become more noticeable in the past 2 Weeks and I've started getting occasional Twitching in my Eye. It also feels like I have something in my Eye and my Eye Aches. My vision isn't what it used to be.

The Eyelid thing has made me more worried as I've done my research and it could be Horner's Syndrome caused by a Pancoast Tumour. Stomach Cancer, normally spreads to the Lungs and that's made me even more worried than I was before it started as it's confirming even more that I have it.

Don't know how Common Stomach Cancer is in a 25 Year Old Male but I do know Stomach Cancer and Bowel Cancer are on the rise in Young Adults.

I've had both an Ultrasound and IV Contrast (Not Oral) CT Scan (both Clear) I'm worried because I didn't have Oral Contrast, that my Stomach didn't show up on the Scan.

I was meant to have a Gastroscopy back in April this Year but I was too scared to go through with the Procedure and now my Symptoms are getting worse. I'm starting to really Panic, keep thinking I'm going to really Regret not having the Procedure when I could have a few Months back.
    Last edited by Indeedbeak; 02-07-21 at 17:30.

Re: I think I have Stomach/Gastric Cancer

It probably is a good idea to go back to your GP and discuss things with them. A friend of mine had a lot of the same symptoms; bloating/constant tiredness/irregular stools and after tests she found out that she had become gluten intolerant - she was in her late 30's at this time. Also a lot of the symptoms could be IBS.

The only way to find out for sure is to go back to your GP and get checked out.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thing is unfortunately, my GP always thinks it's my HA, doesn't seem to listen to me. Might go to ER and see what they can do. Hopefully they can give me an urgent Gastroscopy.

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...-a-bad-quarter

This was me last year - twice in A&E full work ups, ultrasound and nothing.

If you had the CT and US last year the chances of it being something awful are surely dminished; mine was gastritis and stress induced IBS giving me trapped wind...

To be honest at the moment if you go to A&E at the moment they will probably give you a quick check over and you'll be on your way. See your GP.

With all due respect, you're 25yo. I've been participating on the forum for 7+ years. I've read and seen tens of thousands of similar posts. In the time I've been here, I know of three people that actually had something serious going on.

The OCD elements in your post, the details of which you've documented your symptoms and fears, are a familiar feature of many, many members here. Certainly, have a medical professional check you over. I'm quite confident they won't find anything sinister as the cause based on the tests you've had thus far, don't indicate anything serious. Then, based on the medical tests thus far and the fact that you're posting on an anxiety forum, the real issue is mental as opposed to physical and you should seek real life professional help with that. Yes, I truly believe you're having physical symptoms, I just don't feel you will realize your fears.

I say these things based on what I've experienced and read on the forum and the fact I'm a Stage IVa H&N cancer survivor. You've had these symptoms since March of 2020. There's a saying I post her quite often... "Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts." You'd be very, very ill or not with us if this were cancer I assure you.

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 02-07-21 at 21:33.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi Indeedbeak,

i literally just wrote a similar post and I also have found a lump. At least I know another person has one and that reassures me ever so slightly.

good luck on your testing. I’ll let u know if I discover anything about it xx

Quote Originally Posted by mark212312 View Post
    https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...-a-bad-quarter

This was me last year - twice in A&E full work ups, ultrasound and nothing.

If you had the CT and US last year the chances of it being something awful are surely dminished; mine was gastritis and stress induced IBS giving me trapped wind...
    You're right I'm probably over thinking the whole thing and I surely hope I am. I just can't explain this Lump though, not sure how long it was there.

It seems to be where the Liver is located after I've looked at a few Pictures (not an expert in Human Anatomy haha) I would post a Picture here but I'm not sure if the Site allows it so I'm going to hold off on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    To be honest at the moment if you go to A&E at the moment they will probably give you a quick check over and you'll be on your way. See your GP.
    Yeah, that's exactly what happened. They checked my Bloods and told me to get back in contact with my GP to rearrange my Gastroscopy which I'm dreading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information