Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think I have Stomach/Gastric Cancer

Re: I think I have Stomach/Gastric Cancer

Those blood tests have ruled out more than you know - in my local they take a purple and a gold top testing for different things; they probably ruled out pancreatitis, inflammation, high platelets and high white blood cells which would all be indicative of something especially after 12 months as FMP said you would be extremely ill or no longer with us.

You will find it’s probably something functional

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    With all due respect, you're 25yo. I've been participating on the forum for 7+ years. I've read and seen tens of thousands of similar posts. In the time I've been here, I know of three people that actually had something serious going on.

The OCD elements in your post, the details of which you've documented your symptoms and fears, are a familiar feature of many, many members here. Certainly, have a medical professional check you over. I'm quite confident they won't find anything sinister as the cause based on the tests you've had thus far, don't indicate anything serious. Then, based on the medical tests thus far and the fact that you're posting on an anxiety forum, the real issue is mental as opposed to physical and you should seek real life professional help with that. Yes, I truly believe you're having physical symptoms, I just don't feel you will realize your fears.

I say these things based on what I've experienced and read on the forum and the fact I'm a Stage IVa H&N cancer survivor. You've had these symptoms since March of 2020. There's a saying I post her quite often... "Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts." You'd be very, very ill or not with us if this were cancer I assure you.

FMP
    It's just the stuff I've been reading online that Ultrasound Scans and CT Scans without Oral Contrast aren't the best at picking up Stomach Cancer.

I just don't know what to think because these sites are legit and it makes me think the GPs I'm seeing don't acknowledge that which seems like contradictionory, it's like I'm stuck in limbo.

You're right I do have HA/OCD and the two in conjunction have ruined my life. Even though you know you have them, you still can't acknowledge "maybe that's the reason for the way I'm feeling" because serious illnesses can still happen and I'm worried that they'll be masked over by my HA and no one will believe me until it's far too late.

I just can't explain this Lump though, I don't see how Anxiety can cause that, where as my other Symptoms I can. I'm glad you beat Cancer and are still here

P.S Sorry for the lack of , :P Always have confused me on where they should and shouldn't be :P

Quote Originally Posted by Me180 View Post
    Hi Indeedbeak,

i literally just wrote a similar post and I also have found a lump. At least I know another person has one and that reassures me ever so slightly.

good luck on your testing. I’ll let u know if I discover anything about it xx
    I hope you're going to be ok too. Let's hope it's just our Anxiety playing tricks on us again. Have you had any Tests done? It's always best to be safe than sorry.

For Pancreatic Cancer a IV Contrast CT is one of the best things to find it. For Stomach Cancer, it's an Upper GI Endoscopy (Gastroscopy) An Ultrasound should be able to see the Lump as well and where it's located.

Does your Lump move around as you touch it? Mine does. It hurt on Friday when I touched it, but now it doesn't. No idea why or how that's happened. It seems like mine's in my Liver which has made me think it's metastasized and I'm worried.

Quote Originally Posted by mark212312 View Post
    Those blood tests have ruled out more than you know - in my local they take a purple and a gold top testing for different things; they probably ruled out pancreatitis, inflammation, high platelets and high white blood cells which would all be indicative of something especially after 12 months as FMP said you would be extremely ill or no longer with us.

You will find it’s probably something functional
    Would it rule out Stomach Cancer? I know that sometimes with Stomach Cancer you have Anemia (which I'm not) due to bleeding inside the Stomach, but not all Tumours bleed, which has me worried.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information