Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How reliable are pcr tests?

Re: How reliable are pcr tests?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Great idea. Test less and the problem doesn’t exist. We should try that with heart disease and cancer, then we could declare how well we’re doing with managing them.

If you think testing less is a viable option then you’re genuinely an idiot.
    Is this called the Ostrich Technique?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Schools are using lemon juice to test positive so that’s how reliable they are. The tests are also also banned in America not sure if it’s those cheap lateral flow tests or whatever but not reliable. Germany also test much less people.
    I thought it was actually orange juice.

Nevertheless, very cunning and conniving of the school kids, so they can bunk off school!

But not testing only sweeps Covid under the carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by dorabella View Post
    Quite right Lenco - all the seasonal irritations such as summer colds, hayfever (which I suffer from) are still going round. People are so freaked out though by the obsession with Covid symptoms that they think everything is Covid. All respiratory viruses or allergic syndromes though so to be expected.

Testing - whether PCR or LF - seems to be little indicator of anything. Lot of debate over PCR - which is set at so a high a cycle that it picks up fragments of anything from boys to rent - can barely distinguish between Covid or a related respiratory virus ... as some scientists have argued. This obsession with testing needs to stop - in Scotland apparently they are going back to testing only on the hospital admissions rather than the public at large - UK should adopt general policy on these lines.

Interesting comments from Patrick Valance on the easing of restrictions and forward policies today.
    So the SNP want to pretend it's not out there? That's to claim a victory for them.

Only politicians would want this. Scientists tend to like data.

Boris is on at 5pm to announce what we already know. Data is now outdated..Personal Responsibility is key. We can rely on the Great British Public to please itself.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Boris is on at 5pm to announce what we already know. Data is now outdated..Personal Responsibility is key. We can rely on the Great British Public to please itself.
    I think we all know how that one will go.

Second jab rates as low as 32% in some parts of the capital should be reminding them how hard some areas might get hit by Delta.

"We've given up and our donors want MONEY". What do you expect from a grubby little money-worshipper like Javid?

I expect the clinically vulnerable will be advised to keep wearing face coverings (probably by their GP practices) but they offer little, if any, protection to the wearer.

I also expect a rise in personal abuse towards those who wear masks after 19/7 because this nation is full of nasty little shits.

I reckon a lot of people will keep wearing masks. I hope Boris announces a new Common Sense app which can be downloaded from July19th.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I reckon a lot of people will keep wearing masks. I hope Boris announces a new Common Sense app which can be downloaded from July19th.
    The thing about common sense P, is that it is remarkably uncommon. Let's see if there are any spikes resulting from the kickball last Saturday - and as for the coming two Wembley matches...

It's Coming Home....

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    "We've given up and our donors want MONEY". What do you expect from a grubby little money-worshipper like Javid?

I expect the clinically vulnerable will be advised to keep wearing face coverings (probably by their GP practices) but they offer little, if any, protection to the wearer.

I also expect a rise in personal abuse towards those who wear masks after 19/7 because this nation is full of nasty little shits.
    What shall we do then?

Bring back the death sentence?

Bring back school corporal punishment?

Bring back borstals and conscription?

Give parents back the full legal rights once again to batter their children senseless for the slightest of misdemeanours, and of course, for kicks?

Give all police officers, teachers, NHS staff, firefighters, shop workers, etc the 'right to bear arms'?

Put the troops on our streets?

Get Boris to bring his water cannons back?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information