Thread: Heart worry

Heart worry

Hello I’ll keep this short as I’m in complete panic mode. I went to go lay down and either held my breath or exhaled or inhaled weirdly and noticed my heart went chaotic. It felt like it was skipping but it was also going fast. It felt like it lasted maybe 5 to 7 seconds. I heard it could be nsvt. I had an echo done in 2018 I think and they said my heart is structurally normal. I had wow syndrome which they said was cured via an ablation. I’m so scarred it’s vt and next time my heart won’t go back to normal

Re: Heart worry

Any reassurance is appreciated. Cause I’m freaked out

Im sorry your having such a hard time. How long ago did you have your ablation? I had one years ago for SVT but unlike yours mine wasn’t successful.

Have you reached out to your cardiologist? Unfortunately there is no way to know what if any arrhythmia was happening during your episode. I know you said you read it could be NSVT but it’s nearly impossible to distinguish one arrhythmia from another just by the way it feels, you would need to catch it on a monitor, not to mention the most common arrhythmia in someone with a history of WPW is PSVT and not NSVT. I get PVCS, PACS, SVT and runs of NSVT and I can of course tell occasional single ectopics from a run of SVT or NSVT but if someone’s ectopics were to be in a bigemy pattern it could feel like a string of them though it’s not because there is a normal beat coming from the sinus node in between each ectopic.

It sounds like you just had a couple PVCS or PACS (benign in a structurally normal heart), likely some PACS as deep breathing stimulates the vagus nerve

I know people read about NSVT on Google and freak themselves out but NSVT while the same arrhythmia as VT is non sustained, it’s an episode of VT lasting under 30 seconds, it converts back to normal sinus rhythm on its own and so a brief episode of NSVT is not as significant as a sustained episode of VT. In a structurally normal heart NSVT is said to be benign. In April I had a 24 beat run lasting 8 seconds captured on my loop recorder and my EP isn’t concerned at this time.

I know your scared but most arrhythmia’s in a structurally normal heart are benign. Maybe reach out to your cardiologist and discuss the episode with him/her so they are aware and maybe he/she can give you some reassurance If nothing else. It does just sound like a couple ectopics and don’t forget it’s entirely possible that episode you had isn’t even heart related as your stomach and esophagus are in close proximity to your heart and so it could have been spasms coming from one of those even.

Hope this eases your mind some so that you can relax and enjoy the 4th of July with your friends and family (((hugs)))

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hello. Thank you for reaching out. My echo last time in 2018 showed that my heart was structured normal and I had a normal ejection fraction. My electrophysiologist kinda even got mad because I kept worrying about my heart when he said we did so many tests. Ecgs holster monitors. I know it wasn’t my stomach it was definitely my heart. Cause it felt like my wow syndrome was trying to start. He did say it could be it trying to cause the rhythm but can’t because I got the ablation. I believe i got the ablation in 2015 or 2016. Can’t remember. It’s just a weird feeling of a chaotic beat. It felt fast and maybe it kinda felt like it was skipping and flip flopping. It didn’t feel like it was beating properly. Almost quivering. But I’ve had this feeling a while ago. So I’m hoping it’s nothing serious. I do have another cardiologist appointment soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark8800 View Post
    Hello. Thank you for reaching out. My echo last time in 2018 showed that my heart was structured normal and I had a normal ejection fraction. My electrophysiologist kinda even got mad because I kept worrying about my heart when he said we did so many tests. Ecgs holster monitors. I know it wasn’t my stomach it was definitely my heart. Cause it felt like my wow syndrome was trying to start. He did say it could be it trying to cause the rhythm but can’t because I got the ablation. I believe i got the ablation in 2015 or 2016. Can’t remember. It’s just a weird feeling of a chaotic beat. It felt fast and maybe it kinda felt like it was skipping and flip flopping. It didn’t feel like it was beating properly. Almost quivering. But I’ve had this feeling a while ago. So I’m hoping it’s nothing serious. I do have another cardiologist appointment soon.
    What arrhythmia were you having with your WPW? Was it SVT? WPW isn’t an arrhythmia, it’s a congenital heart condition where one is born with an extra electrical pathway and that extra pathway causes arrhythmia’s. Re entry tachycardia SVT is the most common arrhythmia associated with WPW but there are others. The good news is that whatever it was it stopped on its own and only lasted a few seconds but make sure you let your cardiologist know during your follow up.

I think my cardiologist said i have supravnetricular tachycardia. Which he didn’t seemed worried by. I asked if the wpw syndrome wasn’t fully cured and he said he is positive it is. And I remember asking so many times he said he recommends I see a counselor and to get a second opinion if I don’t believe him.

I also forgot to mention that I think he said I still have Svt but he wasn’t worried by it. My heart rate would sometimes just speed up out of nowhere for 30 minutes and that he said was cured which I no longer feel, however sometimes I still do feel like it’s about to start hence why it lasted about 5 or 7 seconds then went back to normal but I think I kinda felt that before I got my ablation so I’m not sure.

Thread Information