Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Results are fine - now what?

Results are fine - now what?

So I’ve been having all these random pains in my underarm. I had a mammogram and an ultrasound of my underarm and everything is fine. The pain won’t get away and I’m not sure what to do now. As long as the pain is there, the anxiety won’t go away. Seeing a therapist and trying to implement meditation & exercise, but I just can’t feel normal. I was hoping after the test results, I’d get an explanation, but my doctor doesn’t really know what’s causing it. I have been in a HA swirl since February and can’t get out of it no matter what I do. I have read through so much of this site and am inspired by how many of you have gotten past it. Should I go and see another doctor? Or is that feeding into my anxiety more?

Re: Results are fine - now what?

If all your tests are clear and your doctor is happy then I would relax. Could it be the worry that is causing the pain perhaps?

So it’s been a few weeks since my tests came back and usually by now my HA has quieted down. Not this time. I still have the weird sensation. I went to urgent care last weekend as I was sure I could feel an enlarged lymph node and after a 2 hour wait the dr felt it and said there was nothing there and I should try to think about it less. I really feel like I have Ben trying to move past it. I’m living my life and engaging with things, but I still feel this weird pain. A couple weeks back I broke out in a heat rash and I almost felt relief that there was something physical causing the feeling, but the rash disappeared overnight and never came back.

My GP is not concerned at all, but has only spoken to me on the phone, which is not that reassuring. I’m not sure if I should demand an I person visit or if that’s feeding the anxiety more.

I feel so stuck. I have read through so much of this site and try to incorporate the advice that has been given to others. Any thoughts on how to move on from
    this?

What meds did they put you on?

I’m not on any medication. I have a few vacation plans coming up so my GP & I agrees that we would revisit in August once I’m back as I don’t want to be trying something new when I’m away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by sel123 View Post
    Any thoughts on how to move on from
    this?
    Psychological therapy..

Thanks @norab! I am seeing a psychologist and am definitely trying to incorporate the strategies but I’m sure I could be doing more to help myself as well. Last night I went out with friends and had such a good laugh and then came home and starting prodding my underarm again to the point where I made it red and then had the worst sleep I’ve had in weeks. So I know I need to stop behaviours like this as they’re keeping me stuck.

I also want to say a sincere thank you to you. I have read so much of your advice on this site and have taken screen shots a few times because your advice is so helpful. Thank you!

Thanks @norab! I am seeing a psychologist and am definitely trying to incorporate the strategies but I’m sure I could be doing more to help myself as well. Last night I went out with friends and had such a good laugh and then came home and starting prodding my underarm again to the point where I made it red and then had the worst sleep I’ve had in weeks. So I know I need to stop behaviours like this as they’re keeping me stuck.
    If the last thing you were doing last night was prodding ya pit and imagining all kinds of hideous (but extremely unlikely) scenarios for yourself - then that will GUARANTEE you a crap night's sleep!

You need to trust me on this one. I've experimented with this.

You need to be making sure that the last thing you see, do, or think before you go to sleep is positive, happy - calming. You get my drift?

You went out and had a great time. That's what you should have been thinking about, not ya pits!

I also want to say a sincere thank you to you. I have read so much of your advice on this site and have taken screen shots a few times because your advice is so helpful. Thank you!
    You're very welcome Sel. My trip to hell and back was worth it when people tell me that I'm helping them, so thank you for the feedback.

So I’ve been having all these random pains in my underarm. I had a mammogram and an ultrasound of my underarm and everything is fine. The pain won’t get away and I’m not sure what to do now. As long as the pain is there, the anxiety won’t go away. Seeing a therapist and trying to implement meditation & exercise, but I just can’t feel normal. I was hoping after the test results, I’d get an explanation, but my doctor doesn’t really know what’s causing it. I have been in a HA swirl since February and can’t get out of it no matter what I do. I have read through so much of this site and am inspired by how many of you have gotten past it. Should I go and see another doctor? Or is that feeding into my anxiety more?
    You have had the all clear that is great news! The pain could be posture related, I know I get back pain since WFH. Could you being lying on your arm at night?

Appreciate the response! The whole thing is very frustrating and tbh has ruined most of my summer. I’m still worried but have been able to calm my anxiety a bit by implementing some of my strategies. I wish I knew what was causing the feeling as I’ve had it now for about 3 months. It feels fine when I’m sleeping and in the morning but once I start moving my arm the sensation comes back. I’m going to see a new GP as I have had a hard time seeing mine over the Pandemic, so I will see if she has any suggestions. It’s almost like the right side gets sweatier and then all the feeling start. I really don’t know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information