Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Results are fine - now what?

Re: Results are fine - now what?

I think you have to consider how you were considering going to "urgent" care for this but didn't because it was the weekend...What would you have said to the doctor/nurse? What would you have said if they looked at the tests you have had done recently and challenged you on this? Nothing showed up on them. What would you expect to get out of urgent care? Reassurance which doesn't last? Another trip to the GP? Do you just want and need any test to rule out anything sinister?

As Nora says..you need to sit with the thoughts and not do anything to trigger the doubts/fears ie constant checking/photo taking/poking and prodding. It's become a habit now but you can break it if you are truly determined to get on top of this and I reckon you are! Remember what the doctors have told you and see the HA thoughts for what they are...background noise which only have power if you give them too much significance and attention.

Thank you Nora & Pulisa! I had a normalish weekend despite the armpit thingy, but I did my best to say 'not now...I have things to do' and I resisted the urge to check it a few times.

I had a good laugh actually when I thought of what I would have done at the emergency. Can you imagine me flexing my arm to say, oh it looks different when I do this?

I had a good therapy session and I will continue to work on reframing my thoughts. Between this and the naturopath regimen, I'm hoping I can get to the other side of this. Also you are absolutely right about taking pictures, the continual prodding etc. That's only feeding the HA - which is always always lurking.

You both help me so much. I have your voices in my mind and continue to go back to your advice.

THANK YOU!

I think it's always a good strategy to think of what you would actually say to the doctor and how ridiculous would it sound? How would you justify being there?

I'm glad that you're feeling more positive- you have a great approach to all this. Thank you for your kind words too.

Well I'm still struggling, I'm afraid! Implementing all the strategies... therapy, naturopathic regimen, getting a lot of steps in and still can't shake it!

I ended up seeing my husband's doctor in a moment of panic one day and he gave me a full exam and said that he couldn't feel anything worrisome that would be causing my ongoing underarm issue. But here's the thing.... it's 5 months and my underarm still gets so irritated when I wear anything with long sleeves (and by irritated I mean uncomfortable, no rash) and it's now fall in Canada so I'm left with no other choice! I know this sounds so weird but it's like the right side is just so much more sensitive ... sweatier, hair regrowth happens faster & more denser etc. etc. It's really really hard for me to shake the anxiety when I have to deal with the sensation every day. I know I'm supposed to not react to it, just acknowledge and let it be, but my HA brain keeps swirling with all the scary thoughts!!!

Anyway, if anyone has heard of anything similar, any advice would be helpful. I'm not googling or going anywhere else.... just not sure to what to do and unfortunately I feel like I'm falling into a depression because of the endless sprial.

Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by sel123 View Post
    Well I'm still struggling, I'm afraid! Implementing all the strategies... therapy, naturopathic regimen, getting a lot of steps in and still can't shake it!
    This isn't a quick fix Sel. It's taken me four years of hard work to overcome my HA..

Anyway, if anyone has heard of anything similar, any advice would be helpful.
    This is reassurance seeking behaviour, and it's not helpful.

just not sure to what to do and unfortunately I feel like I'm falling into a depression because of the endless sprial.
    You've been checked out physically and there's nothing like cancer. You have to find a way to accept this..

P.S the hair growing faster on one side thing? That's normal for everybody. Happens with nails too..

Thanks @NoraB. Super helpful as always!! Appreciate your ongoing support!

I had armpit pain which freaked me out a couple of years ago. I had all the tests as you did and nothing was found. The pain which felt like my armpit was on fire and ached, ended up being a nerve entrapment in my shoulder. I went to a wonderful Physiotherapist who was able to relieve the issue with shoulder manipulation. How is your pain at present?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information