I have sensory issues that mean I am triggered by specific sounds and movement. Quite a wide range of different things. I think this is part of my Misophonia, which is quite severe.

One of the sound elements of this is the tininess, distortion, and amplification from smart phones on speaker, or where the sound leaks out during phone calls, or from notification sounds such as that of the iPhone. These can be very distressing.

I have had a Windows Phone for many years. Unfortunately I have hit a snag recently in that Spotify is no longer supported on Windows Phone.

I need Spotify or some other music on the move so I am able to get out and about and block out a lot of the other noises that would cause me distress.

My options seems to be a) get an Android or iPhone, b) get some sort of MP3 player.

My concern with a) is being stuck with a phone that is distressing. Am thinking of asking my phone company if I can have a short trial with a particular phone - some leak sound more than others. My concern with b) is not having an MP3 player that plays legit tunes that are bought and paid for, or getting something that plays annoying notification sounds, or is too much like a smart phone.

Anybody else navigate this area before. Thinking that a Nokia Android is my best bet but might be a complete car crash. Need to approach with caution. Wish that Windows Phones were still supported. Tried to contact Spotify but not at all helpful.

Thanks in advance!