Hi all

New here, but not new to anxiety. I’ve suffered from it on and off since I was 18. The trigger was a caffeine overdose after my drinks were spiked with pro plus. It’s been a slippery ride since then.

Over the past few years, I’ve managed to master it and control it. Long walks, rationalising with my brain and breathing through. This allowed me to stop the medication and live a pretty normal life.

However there is a history coronary artery diastase in my family. My great grandad died of a heart attack at 49, followed by my grandad at 55, and then just a few years ago my darling dad passed unexpectedly of a stroke aged 55.

I dealt with most of the bereavement issues and dealt with the anxiety that built up in the months and years after his passing. However it all reared to the surface after a bowel cancer scare a month ago. Since then, It’s become unbearable. I’m not sleeping, crying all the time, suffering headaches constantly and brain zaps, ears ringing and am now convinced I’m going to die suddenly of a stroke / brain aneurysm or worse . Meds aren’t helping, I’m on a wait list for CBT (urgent referral through my work insurance). Has anyone else been through this? I’ve actually had to bite the bullet and take time off of work to try and figure this out. I would just like to know I’m not alone / going crazy ❤️