Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dizziness and head pressure

Post Dizziness and head pressure

Ok so, can anyone else let me know if they’ve had these symptoms that are plaguing me for about 6-7 weeks now!

As you know I do have HA and PTSD and ocd checking! But I can also be very rational when I need to.

Over the last 6-7 months, I had the worst anxiety I’ve ever had, and I’ve had anxiety for about 15 years, I have many serious health issues and my anxiety wasn’t ever as bad as it is now. I find my anxiety is bad when I don’t have answers for my symptoms, or my symptoms drag out, or I get one symptom one after the other, then things do get out of hand as I roll them altogether. .

I have had regular anxiety attacks over these months and spent most of my nights in panic, then I started suffering with terrible adrenaline rushes and panic attacks, this last months has been better anxiety wise, but now I have to try and deal with my current issues with out it stressing me out and it’s so hard.

so my issue at the moment is my dizziness, head and ear pressure, forehead pressure, tender scalp, extreme fatigue, I started with neckache in the two muscles down the back of my neck, which then seemed to turn into blurry vision (I hate my eyes being effected) and dizziness, the dizziness is like being drunk and woozy rather than spinny vertigo. Any way I’ve tried treating my sinuses, I take antihistamine and I sea water spray and steam. Also I daily relax and heat pad my neck, my husband gently massages it, so it’s nice and relaxed and also I regularly do breathing exercises (also because I notice I so long spells where I realise I’m holding my breathe) . Also my muscles are weak, especially my upper arms, and thighs, when I go out my body or start doing anything even slightly physical, I feel weak and sweaty.

I’ve had a recent eye exam, and my eyes are healthy, And my doctor is going to run full bloods. But I’m really at loss as to how to help myself. I hate it when symptoms don’t go away. My head from my neck up feels like I’ve got a pumped balloon inside my head, or someone is holding my neck and making this awful pressure in my head.

So. How am I supposed to ignore the anxiety to help these symptoms go, or if they’re not anxiety what do i do.. it makes me so sad and depressed, I have a lovely life and I’m wasting it away! I just can’t stand all this physical problems

thanks for reading

Sarah xx

http://Instagram.com/made_brightly

Re: Dizziness and head pressure

We seem to have super similar symptoms. I think you commented on one of my posts about sudden fatigue too!

I've had the same pressure too and have been shoved into an MRI, CT scan, poked and prodded over and over for that exact drunk dizzy feeling, along with a head and ears that feel like they're filling up with air. I get an incredibly tender scalp, and headaches that knock me off my feet. The only thing that helps is my boyfriend doing extra gentle massage on the back of my neck.

The only answer I came to was extreme neck tension. It can really mess with the nerves on your scalp and face. Even tight muscles in the neck near the skull can cause that weird dizziness, migraines, and feeling like your eyes are working harder. You could be dealing with some extreme muscle tension just from subconscious stress and anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by WorryRaptor View Post
    We seem to have super similar symptoms. I think you commented on one of my posts about sudden fatigue too!

I've had the same pressure too and have been shoved into an MRI, CT scan, poked and prodded over and over for that exact drunk dizzy feeling, along with a head and ears that feel like they're filling up with air. I get an incredibly tender scalp, and headaches that knock me off my feet. The only thing that helps is my boyfriend doing extra gentle massage on the back of my neck.

The only answer I came to was extreme neck tension. It can really mess with the nerves on your scalp and face. Even tight muscles in the neck near the skull can cause that weird dizziness, migraines, and feeling like your eyes are working harder. You could be dealing with some extreme muscle tension just from subconscious stress and anxiety.

yes! This sound exactly like me, it’s really wearing me down.

ive had severe anxiety constantly for 7 months, and For the last two month I’ve noticed these physical symptoms arise. Literally everything you have described is me!! It’s completely exhausting, but you know my neck is extremely tense, so much so that even my osteopath couldn’t relax it.

Thankyou for replying ♥️♥️♥️ And I’m sorry your suffering this misery also, much love x

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsriley79 View Post
    so my issue at the moment is my dizziness, head and ear pressure, forehead pressure, tender scalp, extreme fatigue, I started with neckache in the two muscles down the back of my neck, which then seemed to turn into blurry vision (I hate my eyes being effected) and dizziness, the dizziness is like being drunk and woozy rather than spinny vertigo. Any way I’ve tried treating my sinuses, I take antihistamine and I sea water spray and steam. Also I daily relax and heat pad my neck, my husband gently massages it, so it’s nice and relaxed and also I regularly do breathing exercises (also because I notice I so long spells where I realise I’m holding my breathe) .
    Hi Mrs R, this is nothing that I don't regularly. I get a lot of neck problems because I have cervical spondylosis (technical term for wear and tear) but also I get hayfever which is no longer bad enough to be taking regular antihistamine (no lawns where we live) but I have noticed that this time of year, I feel dizzy and start walking into doors and losing my balance. These symptoms historically fed into my MS imaginary diagnosis but the tests said otherwise. I'm dizzy now. I almost fell over yesterday just from looking up? So I'm inclined to think that, because the ears are affected with hayfever (mild or otherwise) this will affect balance. Does that make sense?

Also, side effects from some antihistamines could account for some symptoms...

Another thing...

The weather over recent weeks has been very 'close' and humid. I'm the sort of person who gets 'head' symptoms during weather like this, so maybe you are too? With me it's very much a pressure sensation in my head that sits like a tight band? I always know when we're in for some thunder and lightning!

Fatigue? A lot of people are complaining of fatigue at the moment, and again, it's not surprising given the warmth and humidity. This kind of weather is draining, and anxiety only compounds the issue. Do you see?

Blurred vision: Same here, and my eyes are healthy too. How much time do you spend looking at computer/phone screens? Because I've noticed that the blurredness is worse for me when I've been looking at screens and then I try and do other things? My optician verified that this is most likely the cause - given clear brain scans and a healthy eye exam..

Also, blurred vision can be linked to hayfever because the eyes are more watery than normal and when things dry up we're left with a slightly sticky film over the eyeball which makes everything blurry.

I'd say that this, for you, is a combination of some minor (albeit irritating) sinus issues due to hayfever (I also get a tight chest with mine) and your anxiety is amplifying everything..

The good news is that hayfever, like everything else - is transitory. Another month or so and you will most likely see a difference as pollen levels drop.

The best way to deal with this is to accept these annoying symptoms for what they are and to keep working on lowering your anxiety levels.

Also my muscles are weak, especially my upper arms, and thighs, when I go out my body or start doing anything even slightly physical, I feel weak and sweaty.
    Mine too. No MS. No neurological disease. I do have fibro though and most people with long-term conditions like this have muscle weakness. I tried to lift some weights the other day and had to stop because of the pain. Again, it was humid and probably wasn't the best idea to be exerting myself like that. Some gentle stretching would have been the best idea.

In your case, the most likely cause of your muscle tiredness is anxiety and this will be due to overactivity of adrenalin. Sometimes it can feel like you've just done a sprint, only all you've done is walk a few yards. Or it can feel like you've carried a heavy shopping bag when you've only lifted the kettle.. Given your generalised muscle tiredness (arms and legs) I'd say that this is the most likely cause..

I hate it when symptoms don’t go away.
    Except that symptoms caused by anxiety do go away eventually..

My head from my neck up feels like I’ve got a pumped balloon inside my head, or someone is holding my neck and making this awful pressure in my head.

I just can’t stand all this physical problems
    This is all part of ageing Mrs R, and it starts when we're in our 20s!

Arthritis of the shoulder, knees, hips, ankles, neck, and wrists.
    Fibromyalgia
    IBS
    Chronic migraines
    Vulva and vaginal atrophy
    10 years post menopausal at 51
    Deafness in one ear
    Tinnitus inc pulsatile
    Bunions
    Osteopenia at last Dexa scan
    Crap vision requiring bifocals

These are my physical problems. Many of these issues, on their own, are considered problematic enough to require counselling because of the effect on mental health. Each time a new issue has arisen, I've had to regroup and try and adapt. I'm being very literal when I say that there isn't one part of my anatomy which isn't without issue. Some days I do nothing but cry, but those are the days when fibro is kicking my @rse and the pain is a good 8/10. Or I'm in the middle of a three/four day migraine which isn't responding to medication - and then all those smaller issues seem so much bigger. But the storm passes and I eventually wake up to less pain and something else, hope and determination. And it's back to the books to try and find a way to improve my physical health as much as is possible.

I've had to learn to live with my physical problems. If I was to wait until I feel 'well', to try and be happy - then I'll be waiting forever.

I think most of your symptoms are anxiety based, and that's good news because it means that they will go away as your anxiety levels drop.

It's Ok to have the odd day where you feel sorry for yourself lovely. I certainly do. But then it's up with the big girl pants and we have to get on with it.

You can stand this. You are doing so. These are just words of frustration. X

I had just logged on to talk about the pressure in my head too. It's a bit scary. Feels like when my head is upside down and all the blood is going to it, pressure in my ears too. I've had this very rarely in the past and only lasting for a few seconds, but this week and today especially it's been happening pretty often. And if I think about it too much it makes me anxious which also makes me feel dizzy like you said.

I guess it could be humidity, although I've never had problems with the heat before. It's a scary symptom though, makes me feel like there's something wrong with my blood or my head.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Hi Mrs R, this is nothing that I don't regularly. I get a lot of neck problems because I have cervical spondylosis (technical term for wear and tear) but also I get hayfever which is no longer bad enough to be taking regular antihistamine (no lawns where we live) but I have noticed that this time of year, I feel dizzy and start walking into doors and losing my balance. These symptoms historically fed into my MS imaginary diagnosis but the tests said otherwise. I'm dizzy now. I almost fell over yesterday just from looking up? So I'm inclined to think that, because the ears are affected with hayfever (mild or otherwise) this will affect balance. Does that make sense?

Also, side effects from some antihistamines could account for some symptoms...

Another thing...

The weather over recent weeks has been very 'close' and humid. I'm the sort of person who gets 'head' symptoms during weather like this, so maybe you are too? With me it's very much a pressure sensation in my head that sits like a tight band? I always know when we're in for some thunder and lightning!

Fatigue? A lot of people are complaining of fatigue at the moment, and again, it's not surprising given the warmth and humidity. This kind of weather is draining, and anxiety only compounds the issue. Do you see?

Blurred vision: Same here, and my eyes are healthy too. How much time do you spend looking at computer/phone screens? Because I've noticed that the blurredness is worse for me when I've been looking at screens and then I try and do other things? My optician verified that this is most likely the cause - given clear brain scans and a healthy eye exam..

Also, blurred vision can be linked to hayfever because the eyes are more watery than normal and when things dry up we're left with a slightly sticky film over the eyeball which makes everything blurry.

I'd say that this, for you, is a combination of some minor (albeit irritating) sinus issues due to hayfever (I also get a tight chest with mine) and your anxiety is amplifying everything..

The good news is that hayfever, like everything else - is transitory. Another month or so and you will most likely see a difference as pollen levels drop.

The best way to deal with this is to accept these annoying symptoms for what they are and to keep working on lowering your anxiety levels.

Mine too. No MS. No neurological disease. I do have fibro though and most people with long-term conditions like this have muscle weakness. I tried to lift some weights the other day and had to stop because of the pain. Again, it was humid and probably wasn't the best idea to be exerting myself like that. Some gentle stretching would have been the best idea.

In your case, the most likely cause of your muscle tiredness is anxiety and this will be due to overactivity of adrenalin. Sometimes it can feel like you've just done a sprint, only all you've done is walk a few yards. Or it can feel like you've carried a heavy shopping bag when you've only lifted the kettle.. Given your generalised muscle tiredness (arms and legs) I'd say that this is the most likely cause..

Except that symptoms caused by anxiety do go away eventually..

My head from my neck up feels like I’ve got a pumped balloon inside my head, or someone is holding my neck and making this awful pressure in my head.

This is all part of ageing Mrs R, and it starts when we're in our 20s!

Arthritis of the shoulder, knees, hips, ankles, neck, and wrists.
    Fibromyalgia
    IBS
    Chronic migraines
    Vulva and vaginal atrophy
    10 years post menopausal at 51
    Deafness in one ear
    Tinnitus inc pulsatile
    Bunions
    Osteopenia at last Dexa scan
    Crap vision requiring bifocals

These are my physical problems. Many of these issues, on their own, are considered problematic enough to require counselling because of the effect on mental health. Each time a new issue has arisen, I've had to regroup and try and adapt. I'm being very literal when I say that there isn't one part of my anatomy which isn't without issue. Some days I do nothing but cry, but those are the days when fibro is kicking my @rse and the pain is a good 8/10. Or I'm in the middle of a three/four day migraine which isn't responding to medication - and then all those smaller issues seem so much bigger. But the storm passes and I eventually wake up to less pain and something else, hope and determination. And it's back to the books to try and find a way to improve my physical health as much as is possible.

I've had to learn to live with my physical problems. If I was to wait until I feel 'well', to try and be happy - then I'll be waiting forever.

I think most of your symptoms are anxiety based, and that's good news because it means that they will go away as your anxiety levels drop.

It's Ok to have the odd day where you feel sorry for yourself lovely. I certainly do. But then it's up with the big girl pants and we have to get on with it.

You can stand this. You are doing so. These are just words of frustration. X
    Thankyou Thankyou Darling NoraB … I hope you know how much that’s settled me! Things really are a struggle, and I’m nearing 42, my body is far more responsive to stress lately than it used to be, so I worry about that! The worry is endless!!

I wish I could just stop! 😂 that’s a joke cuz I’ve been like this for 15 year!! What a waste!! (Although I have good reasons)

Much love NoraB

Sarah x

Quote Originally Posted by wasdhu View Post
    I had just logged on to talk about the pressure in my head too. It's a bit scary. Feels like when my head is upside down and all the blood is going to it, pressure in my ears too. I've had this very rarely in the past and only lasting for a few seconds, but this week and today especially it's been happening pretty often. And if I think about it too much it makes me anxious which also makes me feel dizzy like you said.

I guess it could be humidity, although I've never had problems with the heat before. It's a scary symptom though, makes me feel like there's something wrong with my blood or my head.
    IÂ’ve been like it for about a month, and itÂ’s relentless!! And your right it does feel like blood to the head!! Ear pressure is horrid and also my eyes are tired and blurry. Like NoraB says, I guess itÂ’s the season!

Feel better soon wasdhu

Sarah x

I came to this forum to post almost the same thing! I've had a weird 'headache' that doesn't hurt 🤷🏻*♀️ for about 6 weeks now. It started off as a sort of pre migraine feeling but never developed into one, yet hasn't completely gone either. It's not exactly a painful head, but more pressure, my forehead feels like it has somebody's hand pressing on it and is really tense. I've had a couple of massages since it started and they said my neck muscles are really tight. I'm usually either working at the computer, crocheting or looking at my phone and all 3 of them are bad for your neck 🙄 also terrible posture. I've been getting brain fog with it too which is the worst. I'd say my anxiety has been worse the last couple of months so that may well be playing a part. I don't feel tired really, not losing weight or anything, but this feeling in my head is really wearing me down.

Hi Sarah,
    you could be me at this present time,the forehead pressure is awful,and is affecting my eyes too.I had my eyes tested in March,i was told they were ok but now i am worrying again typical of h/a we are never convinced.
    I have suffered H/A for 30 years and i am 74 now,it has ruined so much of my life and also that of my lovely wife.
    I am the man who wrote about thread 16357,and you kindly replied.I hope you found it useful?If you wish to p/m me i would be happy to reply.If not may i wish you all the best Gizmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo1946 View Post
    Hi Sarah,
    you could be me at this present time,the forehead pressure is awful,and is affecting my eyes too.I had my eyes tested in March,i was told they were ok but now i am worrying again typical of h/a we are never convinced.
    I have suffered H/A for 30 years and i am 74 now,it has ruined so much of my life and also that of my lovely wife.
    I am the man who wrote about thread 16357,and you kindly replied.I hope you found it useful?If you wish to p/m me i would be happy to reply.If not may i wish you all the best Gizmo.

Thankyou for getting back to me Gizmo!

Sarah x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information