Thread: Hey there

Hey there

Hi all.

I'm a 24 year old student with a long history of mental health issues so i will keep to try it short.
    9 years ago i was diagnosed with GAD (& recurring panic attacks) and agoraphobia. Altough i already had mental problems throughout my entire youth up until that point.

Back in 2014/2015 depression kicked in when i was in a clinic for over 9 months. Ironically i was supposed to get therapy there, but i didnt get any and i left in a much worse state of mind.
    Mainly because the therapist there ignored my diagnoses and the reports from other staff (who saw me on a daily basis btw). He preferred to give me an autism label and prescribe medication instead.
    Ofc i refused that "advice" and i was on bad terms with him for my entire stay there. Needless to say that my experience with the Dutch youthcare system was awful.
    It took me several more years to beat depression and i can happily say that i'm feeling better every year.

In the present day i thankfully only have GAD and it doesn't interfere as much with my daily life as it used to be. Although day trips and travelling still make me anxious, mostly in the days leading up to it.

Talking with people who experienced the same issues as me helped me a lot back in the days.
    Hopefully i can return the favor here

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Rumi and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
    are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
    support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hey there

Welcome to NMP: Rumi..

I also struggle pretty badly with Agoraphobia - rarely leave the house as of late.

I'm glad things have improved despite you having received poor care along the way. Its not always easy to find care when you/we need it the most.

Look forward to hearing more about your progress.

TC

Re: Hey there

Welcome Rumi.

Thread Information