Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soft tissue sarcoma worries

Re: Soft tissue sarcoma worries

Quote Originally Posted by ponybro123 View Post
    It's good to hear your doc isn't concerned. I had an ultrasound on my lump and they discovered a second one nearby. Doc wants an MRI of the leg. Pretty spooked but forwards and onwards, I'll update as I ascertain more information.
    Well im not really sure if there concerned or not they couldnt see it im going back tomorrow to ask if i need any further testing as they could feel it but not see it on the ultrasound. Im also very scared

I see, hopefully it all goes well. I had my MRI today, went real smooth injected some contrast, took quite a while. Should have results within 1-2 days. They gave me this USB drive with the images but I don't dare read it lol. I'm not feeling good about it considering they found a second lump on the ultrasound. I'm really scared too dude I pray it all goes well for us, the last thing I want to hear is sarcoma, I'm only 32! Maybe I'll be the rare guy who actually ends up having something wrong, not the lottery I want to win.
    Last edited by ponybro123; 29-07-21 at 18:41. Reason: addition

I'm really struggling waiting on the MRI results, it's almost been a week yet they said my doctor would get them in 1-2 days. Wouldn't they have called me by now if it was extremely urgent/serious? God I hate this.

I found a hard lump just under my left knee this week when I was scratching my leg. It’s hard like bone doesn’t move. I have no idea what it is and I’m not really freaking out but I suppose I will get an appointment for my doctor to take a look.

Ponybro, I would think if they found anything sinister they would have contacted you but if your struggling maybe you can reach out to your doctor office and ask if they have received the results of your MRI yet?

Thanks Careful1. I would get all new lumps assessed by a GP just to be on the safe side, sending good vibes your way.

Today I received a report of the findings on my MRI. It turns out the second mass identified by the ultrasound was not a mass but instead an old muscle tear that healed over. It just goes to show you that sometimes an ultrasounds resolution might mistake things for other things. The mass that initially sent me to my GP is consistent with a hematoma. No further action required and all tissues look otherwise normal. Thanks for your support
    Last edited by ponybro123; 13-08-21 at 03:08.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information